On rewatch I gave Reyes a pretty convincing 48-47

AlzheimersAluminum

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
1,2,and 3

With a swing round in 5 that could have gone either way or perhaps been a 10-10

Robbery? Yes, me thinks

You are not considering Jon's aggressive octagon control and the fact the championship rounds count double the normal rounds. Futhermore, Reyes got taken down multiple times.

Jon Jones said he won 3-2. So we're tied again!
(Nobody cares about your second watch scorecard)

However, frankly I'm shocked at the amount of Sherbros coming out as noobs calling close rounds a robbery.

I'll alert the UFC and the athletic commission, cuzzy

They will surely reverse the decision now

IMO it comes down to round 2 and MAYBE 3 but I don't agree with people saying 3 was closer or more favorable to Jon than round 2.

I saw a clip of our favorite, Schaub, talking about the fight and he was saying it all came down to round 3 because the other 4 were clearly 2-2.

I think that's pretty good proof that getting former fighters as judges is NOT going to fix the so-called judging problem. It's martial ARTS. An art is a subjective thing. It's not martial sciences, were we can deduce a winner with some formula (e.g. a takedown is worth X, a jab is worth Y, etc.) That was the solution Joe was ranting about after the fight -- also a non-starter. MMA has to be judged subjectively by guys with the knowledge and just as important, the ATTENTION SPAN to pay full attention for 5 minutes and not forget by round's end what happened in the early part of the round. I find many otherwise knowledgeable observers have serious flaws with their retention of what happened throughout the round, and let recency bias wrongfully award the round to the guy who did better at round's end.

BTW, if you think the judging is bad now, you're either a noob or have no memory of how it was.

2009 anyone? One TD wins you the round no matter what? A minute of cage control was given more favor by judges than 3 minutes of badly losing the striking? Randy vs Vera anyone????

At least today's judges are giving guys controversial rounds for the right reasons: damage, cleaner harder shots, efficiency. That one judge in the Jones fight was a complete ass-clown and needs to be removed. But the other judges are very experienced and while you might disagree, their scores are legitimate. They don't inherently reflect a misunderstanding of what happened in the rounds.

We see guys win rounds from the bottom now. It's rare, as it should be, but it has happened and more frequently as of late. Guys are more likely to win rounds where they won the striking over 3 mins even if they were taken down and controlled for the other 2 with minimal offense resulting. That would NEVER EVER EVER happen 10 years ago.

We are progressing. All the bitching now has me wondering, did everyone just completely forget the last 10 years? And before 10 years ago, I think even the sports biggest experts didn't/couldn't really understand how to score as well as we do now.

Say what u want about Jon but the guys gonna definitely push for the Reyes rematch to try for a definitive win before asking for the winner of corey/Jan

You are not considering Jon's aggressive octagon control and the fact the championship rounds count double the normal rounds. Futhermore, Reyes got taken down multiple times.
You the same William Munny that dynamited the rock island and Pacific in 69 killin women and children an' all?

2,4&5 Jones...50/50 though on 3, case could be made for either.

1,2,and 3

With a swing round in 5 that could have gone either way or perhaps been a 10-10

Robbery? Yes, me thinks

no one cares what you think...

tumblr_n9p6z9SZxF1rovr2ro1_250.gifv

However, frankly I'm shocked at the amount of Sherbros coming out as noobs calling close rounds a robbery.
When 2 of 3 judges call it one way, it's meaningless.

But when 2/3rds of media outlets and/or 2/3 of sherdoggers call it one way, it PROVES it's a robbery.

MMA fans are hysterical. And I mean that in all it's clever implications.

Depends on the judging criteria. New criteria no longer considers octagon control or aggressiveness unless the damage is 100% equal.

When 2 of 3 judges call it one way, it's meaningless.

But when 2/3rds of media outlets and/or 2/3 of sherdoggers call it one way, it PROVES it's a robbery.

MMA fans are hysterical. And I mean that in all it's clever implications.

Any fight that is 3-2 is no robbery. Jones was never rocked. He never was close to being finished in any round. Total strikes were very close. He got a few TD's.. It was a close fight..

lol I know this is sarcasm. But I wish it weren't also true for some judges.

It seemed like Jon edged it to me. He had octagon control about 80% of the time or more.

But I need to rewatch it sober. Which I will not do.

So I guess that means a trip to the liquor store!

source.gif

The fact that you are shocked at the amount of Sherbros calling close rounds a robbery actually makes YOU the noob.

This has been happening since forever, at least Shogun vs. Machida, Frankie vs. Bendo, GSP vs. Hendricks. Robberies!

2,4&5 Jones...50/50 though on 3, case could be made for either.

R2 was the most lopsided round in the fight. The striking disparity (11) was the largest of the fight and Jon was hurt twice, not badly, but enough to back him up.

Back