Reaction score
2,3,4 and 5

With a swing round in 3 that could have gone either way or perhaps been a 10-10

Robbery? Not at all, me thinks

RegalCharmingBass-size_restricted.gif

giving round 2 to jones is braindead
3 is debateable
4 and 5 were his

If you look closely. Jones arguably won round 1 as well. People need to stop saying Reyes was robbed. In fact Jones is known for stopping robbers in the street.

2,3,4 and 5

You just exposed yourself as not knowing how to score a fight.

I had called the 49-46 jones prior to the fight ending. It isnt absurd at all. The hate for Jones and gobbling up Rogan's every word is really influencing the narrative.

Jones 49-46 easy call

After watching the fight a few times again I also can see a case for the 49-46.

Round 1 is honestly the only clear round for Reyes.

Rounds 4 and 5 were clearly Jon’s rounds.

Reyes had his competitive moments of course, but he was also missing a lot of his strikes, in round 2 Jones avoided the majority of Reyes strikes and when he reset he owned the center for basically the whole round.

And round 3 was very competitive and could have gone either way.

MMA fans are not appreciating Jon Jones defense he displayed in this fight.

You just exposed yourself as not knowing how to score a fight.
Nah I'm pretty good at it

I could also see 1,2,3 for Reyes but you have a much more difficult time making that argument
So no robbery bud

I think perhaps @Threetrees was eyepoked by Jones before rewatching this fight.

Maybe the refs were too.

You get an eyepoke, and you get an eyepoke, EVERYONE GETS AN EYEPOKE!

Nah I'm pretty good at it

I could also see 1,2,3 for Reyes but you have a much more difficult time making that argument
So no robbery bud
Reyes won those first three rounds. Anyone that argues otherwise is seeing what they want to see. He landed more strikes, and he landed more effective strikes, and he did more damage. Try to spin that any way you want to.

After watching the fight a few times again I also can see a case for the 49-46.

Round 1 is honestly the only clear round for Reyes.

Rounds 4 and 5 were clearly Jon’s rounds.

Reyes had his competitive moments of course, but he was also missing a lot of his strikes, in round 2 Jones avoided the majority of Reyes strikes and when he reset he owned the center for basically the whole round.

And round 3 was very competitive and could have gone either way.

MMA fans are not appreciating Jon Jones defense he displayed in this fight.

You could make a good argument that in rounds 2 and 3 the cleanest hardest shots were Reyes counter uppercuts while moving back. He also dedicated and scored on some lovely bodywork in those rounds

But it's not enough to win the round in this case imo

2,3,4 and 5

You have the avatar of the smartest pawn in the game, yet you say dumb shite like that?

Reyes won those first three rounds. Anyone that argues otherwise is seeing what they want to see. He landed more strikes, and he landed more effective strikes, and he did more damage. Try to spin that any way you want to.

Never change sherdog

I think perhaps @Threetrees was eyepoked by Jones before rewatching this fight.

Maybe the refs were too.

You get an eyepoke, and you get an eyepoke, EVERYONE GETS AN EYEPOKE!
You only get eyepoked if you get caught slippin

And I never get caught slippin buddy boy

Anyone who has Jones losing any of the last 4 rounds are seeing what they want to see. A fight is judged on way more than strikes, especially when the difference is marginal at best. Try and spin that anyway you want to.

Back