Elections On Ferguson, Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris Told a Terrible Lie

I mean the criminals they shoot. It's always a point they bring up like "unarmed teen" when talking about a 19 year-old who is 6'4" 300 pounds and swinging, such as in the Ferguson case.
But they (MSM and leftists) are always quick to point out an individual killed fighting with police was "unarmed" as if it somehow means the police were in the wrong by shooting him. Which is rarely the case. You don't have to be armed to get shot by the cops. Or black. Never have needed either of those pesky details present to get a leadbotomy for physically attacking police.

And good on you for teaching them how to roll. Rich Franklin used to roll with LEO in these parts. Training them, not wrecking them. lol
The problem with this argument and debating conservatives in general, is you guys cherry pick the everloving fuck out of Liberal arguments, and then MAKE UP a ridiculous narrative that mischaracterizes what the actual grievance is. Liberal arguments sound ridiculous because of the ridiculous way that conservatives frame them.

How did you choose the starting point of this debate to be "unarmed man"? Is that really the core of the issue here for liberals?
The entire way the police operate, with EVERYBODY, but especially with black people is the problem. Mass incarcerations, focus on punishment over rehabilitation, profiling, etc.
The issue started with how cops approach people, and you somehow skip to the middle of the altercation and don't address how the altercation began to start with, and how it was handled.

I'm not defending Brown. But the general sentiment of those tweets is addressing the problem of our over militarized police, and how they target minorities.

I'm not defending Brown. But the general sentiment of those tweets is addressing the problem of our over militarized police, and how they target minorities.

Wouldn't it be wiser to go to bat for a clear victim, and not someone that evidence shows attacked the police (after breaking multiple laws prior to the interaction)? I mean, if your best example is a criminal then maybe it's time to regroup and get your shit straight.

Damn. That's a lot of people who are upset by this who aren't upset by Trump BS'ing his way through public discourse every single day.

What they did here is a shitty, sleazy political move. Some of you pretending to care about spreading disinformation like this are awfully silent when it it comes to the daily dose of BS your president spews out though.

But Trump!
The problem with this argument and debating conservatives in general, is you guys cherry pick the everloving fuck out of Liberal arguments, and then MAKE UP a ridiculous narrative that mischaracterizes what the actual grievance is. Liberal arguments sound ridiculous because of the ridiculous way that conservatives frame them.

How did you choose the starting point of this debate to be "unarmed man"? Is that really the core of the issue here for liberals?
The entire way the police operate, with EVERYBODY, but especially with black people is the problem. Mass incarcerations, focus on punishment over rehabilitation, profiling, etc.
The issue started with how cops approach people, and you somehow skip to the middle of the altercation and don't address how the altercation began to start with, and how it was handled.

Nope. Try again

Wouldn't it be wiser to go to bat for a clear victim, and not someone that evidence shows attacked the police (after breaking multiple laws prior to the interaction)? I mean, if your best example is a criminal then maybe it's time to regroup and get your shit straight.
As I said, I'm not defending Brown because I personally just am not all that familiar with the details of that case.
But to say that Warren and Harris are "lying" implies that they are purposely saying something that is not true. I don't believe that to be true of them. (At least definitely not for Warren...Harris doesn't come across as genuine to me..kind of reminds me of Hillary)

People don't believe the whole account of the story between Brown and the cop, despite whatever evidence showed. And a part of that disbelief is the cops own fault. Black people don't trust cops, and that stems from years of being mistreated by them, and the courts. So it shouldn't be surprising that people see it quite different. When we have video of cops planting evidence , shooting people in the back, blacks getting longer sentences, and bad cops never getting punished, what do we expect?

Your point is valid, a more clear cut case would have been better to use, but the Brown case is what made Ferguson, and what started this conversation on race and police. You cant really have this conversation without talking about where it started. And even if Brown is a criminal, that still doesn't mean that the cop was 100% right, and that that incident couldn't of ended with no one getting killed. People keep trying to explain these incidents AFTER the body hits the floor, when a lot of these cases shouldn't of ever gotten to the point that they did.
Making it all about Brown ignores what the core issue is, and the core issue was how police "serve" certain communities.

But context indeed. This thread isn’t about Trump.

Which would matter if threads in this forum stuck to their topics and didn't constantly spill into related topics. To suggest that is utter disingenuous bullshit. That in itself adds further context - in a forum where threads are constantly spilling into related topics, someone coming in and suggesting that threads need to stay on topic is likely engaging in a partisan motivated dodge.

Look, I was 100% clear that this is a sleazy, shitty political move in Harris and Warrens' parts. That was right in what you quoted. My comment is directed at the people who will sit there and listen to the president engage in politically motivated lies and half truths all day long and say nothing about it, or even defend it, then suddenly they are outraged when these two women do something of that sort. It's all bad - I have trouble taking peoples' outrage seriously when the only bad they react to is stuff that's done by "the other side."

But let's be honest, you're a yellow carded month old account. 95% likely you have zero interest in an actual discussion here and you're basically a glorified bot that shits a few times a day. We're not having a discussion, so I'm leaving it at that.

Their tweets divide this country more than Trumps Baltimore one. They are still lying about what happened with brown which fuels the whole racism and cops things.

People trust the police less in their neighborhood where they need them more and make it a point not to cooperate with them. This is disgusting by those two dolts Trump has did and said disgusting things too but continuing this lie only hurts the people those Dems love to claim they want to help.

The general argument of those who specifically named Michael brown

They don't write their own tweets. I wonder if they are even aware that their Twitter accounts put these tweets out. I also wonder if they are even knowledgable about the shooting.

Perhaps but if the tweets are still there, after all the widespread reactions, then I think you can safely assume that the candidates have indicated their endorsement the message. And to be clear, I haven’t even checked to see if they’re still online.

Which would matter if threads in this forum stuck to their topics and didn't constantly spill into related topics. To suggest that is utter disingenuous bullshit. That in itself adds further context - in a forum where threads are constantly spilling into related topics, someone coming in and suggesting that threads need to stay on topic is likely engaging in a partisan motivated dodge.

Look, I was 100% clear that this is a sleazy, shitty political move in Harris and Warrens' parts. That was right in what you quoted. My comment is directed at the people who will sit there and listen to the president engage in politically motivated lies and half truths all day long and say nothing about it, or even defend it, then suddenly they are outraged when these two women do something of that sort. It's all bad - I have trouble taking peoples' outrage seriously when the only bad they react to is stuff that's done by "the other side."

But let's be honest, you're a yellow carded month old account. 95% likely you have zero interest in an actual discussion here and you're basically a glorified bot that shits a few times a day. We're not having a discussion, so I'm leaving it at that.

So.... wall of text that translates to “but Trump”. Good talk.

Perhaps but if the tweets are still there, after all the widespread reactions, then I think you can safely assume that the candidates have indicated their endorsement the message. And to be clear, I haven’t even checked to see if they’re still online.

Lets just say they're not above slandering the police, and lying about a good shoot for political gain.

I mean shit, Hillary Clinton brought his mother on stage at one of her rallies, after the facts were known. They don't care. Black guy got shot. Automatic injustice. Details be damned.

U.S.National Review
On Ferguson, Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris Told a Terrible Lie
On Friday afternoon, two of the leading contenders in the Democratic presidential primary lied. There’s no other fair way to put it. They flat-out spread fiction, libeled an innocent man, and stoked American divisions - all for political gain...

Not that they were on my radar, but this should be a disqualifying move for both of them. Lying through their teeth---while knowing they are lying. They're both well aware of the actual facts of the case. Pathetic.

He wasn't murdered and I think its inappropriate pandering to say so but its undeniably true that the FPD was(likely still is) a racist police department that systematically targeted African Americans unjustly. Let's not forget that part of the story as well. As far as them being disqualified for this, well that would be quite ridiculous given the standard Trump has set. Of course the Dems should hold themselves to a higher standard than the GOP holds Trump to(basically no standard) but you're being hysterical here if you think this is really sufficient reason for a presidential candidate to be disqualified.

You have made a very good argument, and i think what you are saying may indeed be a problem.... there is no doubt that the righties on here does this very thing, (as do most people when arguing their side), and I think that things need to be handled differently in police culture in the US.... not to mention gun culture.

But, I didnt see any of this in this instance. I clearly see Dem politicians tweeting as though Brown was innocent, thus driving the wedge further between the people and the police.

I’m not sure if lying is even the right word. It seems like many people just believe the narrative that if a white cop shoots a black guy it must be systemic racism.
I hope we get a candidate out of the Democrats with a little more sense than to plant their flag on Michael Browns grave.
What the country really needs is a leader who’s goal is to unite us instead of pushing these divisive narratives.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew @Morning Star had my technology-challenged back. I should drop it in the OP. It should be viewed far and wide, that's for sure.

EBnUssUXoAEfQXD.jpg:large
I don't see anything wrong with Booker's tweet. He didn't say Brown was murdered, just that he was killed which is undeniably true. And that he lay there for hours, also true. And I say this as someone who hates having to defend Booker over Sanders and Warren.

Back