On a scale of 1-10, how good do you think Ronda Rousey is?

I guess about 6.5 using your terms.

according to your scale probably a 6 or 7. She is definitely the best female mixed martial artist we have ever seen.

However, she would get MURDERED by any Legacy/RFA/Titan fighting level bantamweight, it is just biology.

Unfortunately we don't really know just how good she is because her opponents are crap. Bethe Correia just started training MMA 3 years ago to "lose weight". Most of her other opponents just started training MMA because they followed their boyfriend's into the gym one day. Rousey is a legitimate life-long athlete who has represented her country at the olympics and deserves the utmost respect. Her opponents however have been mediocre at best and cannot really give us a decent gauge of just how skilled Ronda is.

My 2 cents

I agree. Also Cyborg would maul her.

Somewhere between 3 and 5. Any male pro fighter wipes his ass with her, and most athletic men break her in half. However she beats almost any female her size, but most likely loses to Cyborg.

Yes yes yes

Poll are it didn't happen.

12+ you goof. She just blasted Conor's PPV numbers in the rear view with a much worse undercard.

For a 135 lb chick? 11/10. Pound for pound mix martial artist? 4/10.

If you mean judged against her own potential, 8.

If you mean judged against everyone else, 47.

Once ronda turns cyborg into a Can, she's gonna go down in history as a true mythological creature.

9/10
10/10 after turning cyborg into a Can

max.png

6, great grappler who excels in the infancy of WMMA, in 10 years she'll look extremely one dimensional & if she ever comes back, will likely get Royce Gracied by the womens Matt Hughes.

6, great grappler who excels in the infancy of WMMA, in 10 years she'll look extremely one dimensional & if she ever comes back, will likely get Royce Gracied by the womens Matt Hughes.

Three of her four last wins have been by KO or TKO. She has nine submission wins. I'm counting two dimensions there. I think she is WMMA's Matt Hughes. It's WMMA's GSP she needs to be worried about.

I was going to say 10 but based on the way your scale works, it would have to be around a 6.

I don't believe she would beat any male UFC fighter in a competitive grappling match, in fact I'm pretty sure of it.

In terms of male MMA? About a 1. Why such a harsh rating? Because her skill set is below prelim level outside Judo. Against quality opponents to get to her strength [I.E Judo] she requires the clinch. How does she get to the clinch? Footwork? No. Level Changes? No. Crisp Boxing? No

Three of her four last wins have been by KO or TKO. She has nine submission wins. I'm counting two dimensions there. I think she is WMMA's Matt Hughes. It's WMMA's GSP she needs to be worried about.

I think the 'infancy of WMMA' is overstated considering the infancy of WMMA was probably when Roxanne dethroned Jen Howe as the number 1 P4P.

She sticks her chin in the air, throws wild haymakers and stomps forward in a straight line. In male MMA with that skill set she would be 0-12 with every loss by KO in less than 30 seconds.

In fairness to Ronda she might not do that if her opponents had the skill or ability to make her pay for it. I can't judge her striking on that basis when she's winning every fight in the first round. If she put more emphasis on defense the only thing that might change is that it would take her a bit longer to get the finish.

by p4p standard 1,0
by women standard 9,0
by her weight class standard 10,0

Back