OMG!!! Tito May Actually Fight Tomorrow!!

Papa Shaun

Grand Poobah
@Green
Reaction score
Well, 3:30PM EST, and so far, it's still a go for Tito tomorrow night. I honestly expected to hear about a "freak" injury or health issue by this point. I know there's still time to get a "cut" while warming up like Ken Shamrock supposively did, but, it's looking like Tito's going to hold up his end of the bargain, broke neck and all.

With that said, would a win for Schlemenko (not spelled right) really do anything to help his stock in Bellator?? Plus, if Tito wins, where does he go from here?? I can't see him entering a tournament, but possibly getting the loser of the Rampage/King Mo fight next??? It will be interesting to see what happens.

...would a win for Schlemenko (not spelled right) really do anything to help his stock in Bellator??

Doubtful.

Plus, if Tito wins, where does he go from here?? I can't see him entering a tournament, but possibly getting the loser of the Rampage/King Mo fight next??? It will be interesting to see what happens.

I mentioned this in another thread but if Rampage loses they'll likely try to make the Tito/Rampage fight happen before Tito realizes that retiring was something he should have done 6 years ago. Bellator will likely try to get as much value out of Tito as possible and look for him and Rampage (again, assuming he loses) to headline their next PPV.

I know I'm crazy, but the more I think about his fight the more the insane size difference makes me thing Tito is going to GNP his way to a win.

^wow. that appears unlikely to my mind. I'm worried he's broken down

I know I'm crazy, but the more I think about his fight the more the insane size difference makes me thing Tito is going to GNP his way to a win.
I understand where you're coming from. Tito is a big LHW and Shlemenko is a pretty small MW, barely cuts weight as I understand it. But, Tito is old as fuck now man, he'll be 40 next January. I'm not sure if he really has the knees necessary to shoot in or anything like that lol.

I've thought about this, too. I think Tito takes the first round and I have no idea after that. It all depends on his cardio

I fucking hate Tito.

But I think he'll take this one. His size and his stronger strength of schedule should make him the favorite.

Yup. Itll get tito a W over a big name guy (big for bellator at least) and help get people interested for his next fight which will probably be on another ppv. The size difference in those pics with luke thomas was enormous and tito went thru Ryan bader like he was nothing only a few fights ago

Yup. Itll get tito a W over a big name guy (big for bellator at least) and help get people interested for his next fight which will probably be on another ppv. The size difference in those pics with luke thomas was enormous and tito went thru Ryan bader like he was nothing only a few fights ago
All good points. You have to wonder what sort of condition Tito's body is in though. Like, Forrest is only 34 and he literally can't fight anymore because of nagging injuries, y'know?

We'll see tomorrow, at any rate.

It's pretty crazy to me honestly because I never thought I'd actually see Tito fight live... his last fight was had before I even knew what mma was! lol

....tito went thru Ryan bader like he was nothing only a few fights ago

Ryan Bader is WAY overrated and if the same Tito who fought Bader in 2011 fought that very same Bader again, he'd likely lose. If Tito fought the overrated Bader now, he'd definitely lose. Yes, Tito is a big LHW but with all his injuries and his age taken into consideration, I just don't see how he will last in a fight against a younger and what I believe to be a better fighter in Schlemenko. Even if Tito wins the 1st round, I see the fight ending in the 2nd, definitely 3rd.

All good points. You have to wonder what sort of condition Tito's body is in though. Like, Forrest Griffin is only 34 and he literally can't fight anymore because of nagging injuries, y'know?

We'll see tomorrow, at any rate.

It's pretty crazy to me honestly because I never thought I'd actually see Tito fight live, his last fight was had before I even knew what mma was! lol

I think forrest got alot of favorable matchups (injured and fresh off japanese supplements shogun etc.) And I firmly believe his fights with tito and page werent honest if you know what I mean. He had his 15 minutes of fame, made a few bucks, and was fully aware if he stuck around he would end up being a ufc crocop type guy for prospects to make their name off of. He retired at the right time imo

Tito has about as much chance of winning his fight as does Jackson beating King Mo. Both of them are carrying too much muscle/weight to go all out for more than a few minutes. And they just don't have the knees anymore to do what they did best, which is landing a takedown and gnp. Still dangerous though, and have a punchers chance in the first round.

1-7-1 in last 9. Who cares. I hope Shlemenko smashes him.

Tito said he want's that title. he is on a 4 fight contract. You gotta figure if he wins this, he's in the next tourney (after summer series) which would be a 4 man. That's 2 fights, and then the title fight, and he retires. In a perfect world for him, and bellator

There's still time.

334uamb.gif

Long and short: Tito needs to pound Shlemenko out inside of one. He will not last a second round long enough to win it, and even if he does, he will probably be stopped in the third. End of Story.

Tito has a chance, small, to win round 1.

After that it's over. It's been ages since he's had any cardio at all. His back is shot. His knees are shot. He has zero cardio, he will gas after 2 or 3 minutes. He needs to be on top when he does just to get through round 1.

Dude got super lucky against Bader and did pretty well against a completely shot Forrest Griffin. Other than that he has done nothing in years and years.

Tito has about as much chance of winning his fight as does Jackson beating King Mo. Both of them are carrying too much muscle/weight to go all out for more than a few minutes. And they just don't have the knees anymore to do what they did best, which is landing a takedown and gnp. Still dangerous though, and have a punchers chance in the first round.

So a pretty good chance, then?

Mo has not looked so great lately. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost. In fact, I'm expecting Rampage to beat him.

Back