O'Malley Squashes Beef With Garbrandt and Says He's "Unranked Champ".

Who you got?

• Total voters
O’Malley seems to have transcended into mainstream social media culture. He’s being talked a lot about by the younger kids. He has the personality to make it big, it’ll come down to his skill set and discipline.

Cruz on the prelims does blow my mind though looking back at his career. Who at the UFC did he piss off?

I will almost root against this guy no matter what.
i agree with everything but the almost. "most punchable face" always comes to mind when i see him which tells me that he's playing the game perfectly. hats off to the ugly bastard for being a great heel.

Sean would duck a fight with Font for eternity.

Vera took his Frankie fight from memory on the last card.
At this stage I think Sean would have beaten the version of frankie that showed up sadly.
A win over him now has lost it's shine.

Vera took his Frankie fight from memory on the last card.
At this stage I think Sean would have beaten the version of frankie that showed up sadly.
A win over him now has lost it's shine.

My point is more so that he wouldn't take anyone ranked unless they're on their last legs.

My point is more so that he wouldn't take anyone ranked unless they're on their last legs.

100%. I went through his entire record once in a thread and it was atrocious.
His pre UFC record had 2 fighters with winning records and his UFC record is filled with guys out of the organisation. Basically without Almeida and Wineland he has a losing record for his opponents.. Both were done when he fought them. Even Vera was a 50-50 fighter until post O'malley.

One pre UFC opponent was 13-4 or something. The rest were 2-3 fighters etc.

Rainbow fro and neck tat could have a fight to determine the biggest douche in the UFC .
Sadly I think Paiva loses this though, bad stylistic matchup and hate to say it but his opponent is very talented.

"Unranked champ".

Please say this isn't a thing.

I hope he beats Paiva just so they try to push him for a title shot - would love to see Sandhagen or another contender put him in his place.

“Uncrowned Champ” with no elite wins and twigs for shins lol - dude is pretty talented but I think his #1 priority is being rich and famous, way too focused on the money and fame to ever reach the title.

He’s kind of like Kevin Lee in some ways but with a different skill set - and we all saw how that turned out…

<BC1>
It's a shame that the Vera fight ended the way it did. It would unintentionally let us see how good he really is. I don't think the UFC knew how good Vera actually is at that time.

Of course he's the unranked champion. Nobody else but him is mentally undefeated.

Quash. You quash a beef, not squash. You squash your beef when you sit down wrong in loose shorts

Urban dictionary doesn't count.

Last edited:
It's a shame that the Vera fight ended the way it did. It would unintentionally let us see how good he really is. I don't think the UFC knew how good Vera actually is at that time.

I also don't like when fights end like that because they are inconclusive to definitely tell us who is the more skilled fighter.

However, we have to look at historical comparisons to gain some insight into things - the only other prior examples we have of fighters getting drop-foot from kick to the perennial nerve at highest level are:
  • Chandler vs. Primus
  • Cejudo vs. Johnson
  • Crute vs. Smith
In all 3 of these fights the fighter that got drop-foot survived the round they got the injury in (Cejudo somehow managed to get feeling back and "win" the fight). Of the 2 fighters that got stopped (Chandler/Crute) they both wanted to keep fighting going into the next round but their body wouldn't let them (couldn't stand up), so was stopped in-between rounds by doctor/corner (not because they quit).

With O'Malley the suspect thing wasn't just getting the injury, it was how he reacted - he immediately got super tentative and defensive, then easily taken down and basically smashed in a matter of seconds with very little effective guard work from bottom.

So comparing them all, O'Malley is the only one who didn't survive the round of the injury and pretty much mentally/phsyically collapsed within a minute of it occurring. Which leads to doubts about not only his durability but his mental fortitude to deal with pain/adversity against elite opponents.

Back