Olympics to allow pro fighters

Even worse....
This is like letting actual athletes compete in the UFC. You're going to scare out the current roster pulling shit like this.
giphy.gif

^ the dude on the right is like "I don't know what I'm enjoying here."

That's supa hot fire (he's not a rapper) vs Chris rock and his agent. Legendary rap battles up in hurrr.

^ the dude on the right is like "I don't know what I'm enjoying here."
thats the one that made it the funniest for me.. everyone else belongs in the gif.. but he's still trying in the most morman way possible

pretty sure i read somewhere they wanted to only allow guys who had less than 15 pro fights

But if those prize-fighters are better at the "pure-version" (I don't agree) of the sport than the guys who still compete as amateurs, why shouldn't they qualify?

Is it somehow less pure because normally they take money for fighting, even though they aren't this time?

It's not like there's two different qualifying lanes or anything. Pro's will have to qualify the same. May the best man win, imo. But not until 2020.

There will be a clear talent disparity. Being 'pro' denotes that you were once an amateur and good enough to go pro so you're seasoned well beyond what you would see in golden gloves. They will be judged by the same criteria during the fight but a pro has had a different realm of experience, even a journey pro can stifle the best of amateurs (see Loma vs Salido)

Besides all that I couldn't see why a pro boxer would want to compete unless they were gung ho about their country...you make fuck all money

You've got a point there. Some fighters have the olympics as a living, it's unfair to them if you get a pro that already makes millions kicking their asses.

i think your confused, pros dont fight for free. this potential idea wont change anything

A fckin crazy idea and dangerous as well. No way can Amis and longstanding pros share the same ring. It will also hurt Ami boxing if the Olympics isn't a goal anymore, which in turn will hurt the pro game

i think your confused, pros dont fight for free. this potential idea wont change anything
Perhaps they will. Some fighters would be proud to represent their country, imo. Plus they have a chamce to kick some amateurs' assses.

But yeah, you got a point there, most fighters wouldn't be up for it.

Olympic Boxing is more point fighting. There will be a lot of Pro Boxers that will not excel in the Olympics.

Ami boxing has changed in the last few years moving more towards the proffesionalism game, and there are no headguards anymore. young amateurs with a few years experience are going to coming up against seasoned professionals, maybe champions. People will get badly hurt and that most certainly isn't going to benefit the sport or the Olympic Games

Back