olympic lifting

gza

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what are some good resources for olympic lifting? and fuck off with the "use google", because anyone can write anything on any website, i want something credible

Search the forum...that said though the best thing you can do for yourself is find a decent coach - I personally wouldnt try teaching myself OLs. Most places will have little OL or PL clubs floating around, also if youre at university see if there is a OL/PL club or see if you can train with some other club where OL lifts might be used in training regularly (football?)

Board Message

is a good oly forum, here are some beginners resources:

Board Message

As to learning the lifts yourself: If you are midly athletic and are willing to spend some time thinking about what to do and how, I don't see an issue. Obviously, getting a coach is much better than learning alone, but if you can't find a coach, don't sweat it.

There are also some pretty good tutorials on youtube...I think there's one by Tommy Kono that is quite good if my memory serves.

what are some good resources for olympic lifting? and fuck off with the "use google", because anyone can write anything on any website, i want something credible

Olympic-style Weightlifting
ExRx.net Power Training Exercises: Olympic Syle Weightlifts and Plyometrics

TESTOSTERONE NATION | World's Largest Bodybuilding and Weight Loss Underground Nation - Take the time to read through this online mag, the archives and in particular discuss your training on the forums. Everyone here is very knowledgeable.

Try my website, Takano Athletics - Home. The members section is entirely instructional. There are some tips on training in the archived newsletters. Sign-up for the free newsleters that are published twice a month. I think you'll find it helpful!
Bob Takano

Back