olympic level fighters taking over

flyweight - cejudo (champion )
bantamweight - cejudo (champion)
welterweight - askren (top 5)
middlewight - yoel romero (no1)
light heavy - cormier (no1)
heavy - cormier (champion)

notable mentions:
usman trained with olympic level athletes in Colorado springs.

news flash wrestling wins. mr boring himself gsp said all that matters is the win.

khabib has never fought at Olympics but he has taught at that level

Khabib is a two time national sambo champ and world champion in sambo as well. In Russia this is a very competitive sport, not easy at all to get there. Just because is not popular in America doesn't mean is irrelevant. There is no sambo in the Olympics but he got to the top in that sport/martial art.

All quite mediocore fighters.
Well, in defense of Kolecki, guy is a beast with an admirable mindset but I wish he would have started with MMA a few years earlier.

Haha "So much for the UFC".

EDIT: From Wikipedia
It was real. If you don't follow fighting, Puder had Angle locked in the Kimura, or keylock as Tazz called it, although Tazz didn't let on the move was fully executed. Not only was Angle not getting out of the move, but most MMA fighters would have tapped already. Angle couldn't tap for obvious reasons. The ref counted a three even though Puder's shoulders weren't fully down, trying to end the thing, because the reality was Angle would have been in surgery had it gone a few seconds longer or had Puder not given up the hold. ― Dave Meltzer

What a load of crock.
It was real. Puder got the shit kicked out of him by Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and Bob Holly a couple of weeks later as a receipt.

It was real. Puder got the shit kicked out of him by Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and Bob Holly a couple of weeks later as a receipt.

I don't doubt that that was real. I used to watch WWF/WWE and knew some things weren't scripted. I was just calling bullshit on the part where Dave Meltzer is saying that "most MMA fighters would have tapped already" to that Kimura lock.

Khabib is a two time national sambo champ and world champion in sambo as well. In Russia this is a very competitive sport, not easy at all to get there. Just because is not popular in America doesn't mean is irrelevant. There is no sambo in the Olympics but he got to the top in that sport/martial art.

Yeah Lomachenko was also a youth regional Sambo champion and he could have competed for the National championship.

Dude was sooo good in so many things ... wrestler,sambo,judoka and he was even a good hockey player.

#1 Combat athlete right now.

His last KO
GlaringInbornBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

Back