Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle talks about UFC Recruitment

I saw Kurt Angle take a stink face from Rikishi at a live show as a consultation for signing with the UFC back in 2003.

Would have liked to have seen a 100% healthy Kurt in UFC

Angle is a badass 5 times he broke he's neck and wrestled on and won a gold medal with one.

j7ne689fq2hz.gif

Commisions started testing in 2006
His offers came in 1996 and again in 2003 unless I seriously misunderstood. Also, if guys like gleisson Tibau (spelling?) can beat drug testing for years on end, I have full faith in a former Olympian to cheat carefully.

Thanks for posting TS, fun watch, always had a ton of respect for Kurt being a legit tough MF’r and competitive through injuries that would’ve retired a lesser man.

I’d been there and can appreciate the work and dedication to your craft that it takes to come back from what would be defined as “career ending” to most.

When watching wrestling as a child I didn't like Angle.

As an adult looking back, Angle was the man. Great wrestler, good skills on the mic, and great chemistry with the other big names like Steve Austin & Rock.

I always thought Kurt would’ve done well in MMA but then I saw him throw a bitch fit when Puder put him in a kimura.

He is in a stupid "sport" but he did have Olympic level wrestling that was real. He could have been pretty good like ccc. Cant say I blame him to not taking 15k to actually fight when he made tons more to act like a fool.

I think he would have fought at MW, he is not that big

I always thought Kurt would’ve done well in MMA but then I saw him throw a bitch fit when Puder put him in a kimura.
Wrestling is very dangerous. When things go wrong, when two wrestlers don't work together to create the match, people get injured. Sometimes seriously.

Angle was well within his rights to be upset, when Puder went into business for himself and did the grappling-equivalent of a sucker-punch. When two legit big guys start tossing each other around, they have to know they are on the same page, there has to be some trust and Puder, a very green rookie, betrayed that trust.

He used to talk about easily beating Chuck Liddell's ass in like 2001-2003 on the radio ... they played it for Chuck one time and he was like uhhh...ok, bring that shit on ill fucking kill this dork. I believe Chuck more than Angle...Angle got kimura'd on his own fake ass wrestling show by some scrub.

His matches with Chris Benoit are the greatest of all time, you dont see that anymore when two wrestlers in a scripted event can get a standing ovation from the crowd, remarkable era, those two were brilliant, and you knew they both liked and watched MMA, the intensity to their matches was almost fight like.

Kurt needs to stop telling this story. It's the wrestling equivalent to "I used to be an adventurer until I took an arrow to the knee"

IMO he would have done well, neck injury aside, but he just wasn't interested in getting beat up.

Wrestling is very dangerous. When things go wrong, when two wrestlers don't work together to create the match, people get injured. Sometimes seriously.

Angle was well within his rights to be upset, when Puder went into business for himself and did the grappling-equivalent of a sucker-punch. When two legit big guys start tossing each other around, they have to know they are on the same page, there has to be some trust and Puder, a very green rookie, betrayed that trust.
Trust my arse... he was basically allowed to shoot on the rookies, one said “not today” and the threw a fit. He’d already broke one of the contestants ribs, Puder should’ve broken his arm.

Back