Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle talks about UFC Recruitment

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Neck injuries prevented him from considering MMA after a 5 year WWF/E stint at that time (2003).

Dana offered Kurt two separate deals at two separate times but Kurt backed out. Would've fought both LHW and HW. He would've just made more money in Rasslin'.

First got offered to fight in the UFC in 1996 -10 fights for 150,000 USD or 15k per fight LOL.

edit - Mods please don't move this.

Last edited:
i broke my freakin’ neck when I came into this thread

I've got love for Kurt. A genuine A level athlete and entertaining as fuck

From

to

Kurt.0.0.png

and

2000s ufc fighters would have smoked him easily.

Last edited:
Kurt would've dominated in the UFC

It's true it's damn true

2000s ufc fighters would have smoked him easily.
Maybe

Kurt seems like the type who would've transitioned well to mma

Very bright guy

Saying that is stupid, considering how many wrestlers have successfully transitioned.

Smart move. He probably made 10 times more money in pro wrestling than he would have in MMA in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Maybe

Kurt seems like the type who would've transitioned well to mma

Very bright guy

Saying that is stupid, considering how many wrestlers have successfully transitioned.
Give me some names of non heavy weight wrestler who got into the game late and did well

Well he was a way better wrestler than Randy (Maybe not MMA wrestling), he had unbelievable conditioning and world class toughness. If he entered at the same time as Tito, there's no way Tito beats him. I think he would been great until the striking got more advanced, probably around the time Pride exploded. Also, I don't know his reach, but he looks like he has manlet arms.

If he came in, in like 2005 he gets fucked up by anybody good.

The UFC coulda used a dose of The 3 I’s back then. (Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence for those of you who aren’t mouth-breathing rasslin fans like me.)

Give me some names of non heavy weight wrestler who got into the game late and did well
Romero, Lindland, Madsen, McMann, DC at 205
They all started 10 years later than the average fighters and fought at much more competitive divisons than HW/LHW at 2003 or 1996 was.
<{pranko}>

Wouldve done this, wouldve done that. Blah blah blah dana offered me this and that. Kurt likes to flap his gums all the years talking about what couldve been but the truth is he was a chicken shit and woudlnt do it.
Wouldve got knee kod faster than the funk

I really wish Rulon Gardner kept at it. Always looked up to him when I used to wrestle as a kid.

Romero, Lindland, Madsen, McMann, DC at 205
They all started 10 years later than the average fighters and fought at much more competitive divisons than HW/LHW at 2003 or 1996 was.
<{pranko}>
Yoel/dc started mma before 30. And whotf is lindland...Sara McCann? Lol you must be delusional if you think some stiff broken neck like Kurt angle would be a good fighter

Yoel/dc started mma before 30. And whotf is lindland...Sara McCann? Lol you must be delusional if you think some stiff broken neck like Kurt angle would be a good fighter
Youre a hatin idiot son to discount angle like that. Really......

A-level-athlete that succeeds at everything he applies himself to. I would not bet against him being UFC-champ in an alternative timeline.

Back