Olympic Gold Medal or UFC Championship Belt?

Which is a greater accomplishment?

• Olympic Gold Medal

• UFC Championship Belt

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd take the gold any day. Have you seen the fking landscape for UFC belts? They're borderline worthless. Where's El Cucuy's shot? Why is Cormier fighting Miocic a-fking-gain? How many belts are even out there? More than there are divisions. Everyone is ducking and dodging and whining and crying... I love the sport, but for Christ sake it's lost a shit ton of manliness and respect.

...Sorry. Maybe I was harsh. But I'm not unsaying it.

Depends on the sport.

Being on the Olympic men's basketball gold medal team is a much greater accomplishment than a UFC belt (and the guys on that team are making much more money than UFC champions).

Gold medal in say curling is a far lower accomplishment than being a UFC champ (and pays almost nothing). Mind you, in Canada a lot of curlers were more popular than GSP (some of them regularly had 4-5 million people watching their championship games according to official network figures).

Comparing basketball to UFC though is apples to oranges. I think all NBA players would say a title would mean more to them than a gold medal. I would assume this is the same with most major sports such as tennis, baseball, etc. The only sports where gold is the pinnacle would be ones without their own major league such as curling as you said.

Comparing curler popularity to fighters isn't really fair either as curlers are only seen once every four years. It's more an oddity thing than a continuing fan base.

I think TS would have been better off rephrasing the question as whether a wrestling gold is worth more than a UFC belt since UFC is as close as there is to a professional wrestling league, obviously not meaning WWE professional wrestling.

it use to be ufc belt but tbh being ufc champ today doesnt seem as big of a deal as it did a decade ago

Back