Olympic Gold Medal or UFC Championship Belt?

Which is a greater accomplishment?

• Olympic Gold Medal

• UFC Championship Belt

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which is a greater accomplishment? Getting an Olympic Gold Medal or a UFC Championship Belt.

This depends on your definition of "accomplishment".

For some people, "accomplishment" means name recognition. For other, it means money. If we have a clear definition of what we are referring to, then it's easier to answer.

Money-wise, the UFC belt could potentially means more money. An Olympic gold medal in some sports means more fame and name recognition.

Olympics for your sport is only once every four years.

As far as wrestling goes, UFC belt is cooler. Unless you're in the bubble. Boxing's, actually, debatable. I'd still prefer a UFC title cause I'm a fan of MMA and not really a fan of boxing, but it's two iconic things rolled into one - boxing champ/Olympic gold - it's tough to argue against that.

I guess wrestling's the toughest sport and shit, but... if I meet you and you say, "Hey! I won gold in wrestling at Olympic Games in Rio!", I'd be, like, "Cool! What else did you do there?"

But if you said, "Hey! I won gold in boxing at Olympic Games in Rio!", I'd be, like, "No way! You think you could beat Rocky?"

It's just cooler and more relevant.

I actually think it's the opposite regarding Olympic boxing and wrestling. If someone is a gold medalist in boxing, he's still an amateur, because pro aren't allowed to compete, and so he's not definitively the best in his weight class.

On the other hand, if a wrestler is a gold medalist, he is without a doubt the best in the world in his weight class that year, because only the best wrestlers from each countries compete at the Olympics.

Olympic Gold is a bigger accomplishment especially in individual timed sports.

For one, in the Olympics, every athlete has to win a set amount of competition in order to earn a gold medal. In comparison, in the UFC, some fighters get title shots after or 3 fights while other can go 10 fight winning streak and not a get a title shot.

Popularity is irrelevant in most Olympic sports.

I understand what you mean when you said "popularity is irrelevant in most Olympic sports." People have to actually earn their sports to qualify as opposed to get their by being a celebrity on social media.

Having said that, to say that popularity is irrelevant in most Olympic sports isn't totally accurate. For example, the more popular an Olympic sport is, the higher regards people have for the medalists. The 100-meter sprint is one example. It is one of the most popular individual Olympic events, and it is more popular than, for example, the 800-meter event. Because of this, a 100-meter gold medalist (such as Usain Bolt) is regarded higher than the 800-meter gold medalist (whose name most people don't even know).

UFC belt and it's not close.

Why? Because it's a fucking choice, that Adults do and not all Olympic Gold medalist can get.

Most Olympic Gold Medalist are literally kids who have been training since they were kids......They never had a real choice, and had their whole lives controlled by their parents/coach.....Sorry can't really admire that......To me, that's worst than steroids(They are getting a huge advantage over 99% of humans), that's privilege at it's finest.

UFC belts on the other hand are won by adults who chose to get into MMA....and in order for them to become champs, they have to learn some new things/evolve.....That to me is why is much better/more valuable than a damn gold medal.

Not to mention, beating the shit out of people > Olympics
So a UFC belt is a greater accomplishment because it's not as hard to win. Great logic.

Why not both?
D8CaBr7VsAA_dNM.jpg

Apparently, two ufc belts = 1 olympic

So a UFC belt is a greater accomplishment because it's not as hard to win. Great logic.
Its easy to win a gold medal when they been training since being kids.

MMA on the other hand is dominated by adults and almost no one has done mma since they were kids..they dont striking/grappling thus they have to learn something new as an adult...that is way fucking harder.

"My name is triple C" - Kenny Florian

The ufc belt should bend a knee to the olympic gold medal

Its easy to win a gold medal when they been training since being kids.

MMA on the other hand is dominated by adults and almost no one has done mma since they were kids..they dont striking/grappling thus they have to learn something new as an adult...that is way fucking harder
I kinda get your point, but you're discounting the part where they have to train since they were kids. That's 10-15 years worth of training before getting to a competition. In the UFC, someone like Ngannou can train for five years and be fighting for a belt.

Besides, the average age of an Olympic medallist is 25-26. That's a bit beyond puberty, no?Screenshot_20190923-080523_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190923-080811_Chrome.jpg
https://www.thestatszone.com/archive/olympic-sports-how-does-peak-age-vary-13812

Last edited:
They are both amazing accomplishments, but I would say a UFC belt is better because getting gold in the olimpics sadly does not pay the bills.

I'm more impressed with a UFC champ than an Olympic curling champ,

UFC belt and it's not close.

Why? Because it's a fucking choice, that Adults do and not all Olympic Gold medalist can get.

Most Olympic Gold Medalist are literally kids who have been training since they were kids......They never had a real choice, and had their whole lives controlled by their parents/coach.....Sorry can't really admire that......To me, that's worst than steroids(They are getting a huge advantage over 99% of humans), that's privilege at it's finest.

UFC belts on the other hand are won by adults who chose to get into MMA....and in order for them to become champs, they have to learn some new things/evolve.....That to me is why is much better/more valuable than a damn gold medal.

Not to mention, beating the shit out of people > Olympics

Damn bro what did your parents force you to do??

Back