Olympic Gold Medal or UFC Championship Belt?

Which is a greater accomplishment?

• Olympic Gold Medal

• UFC Championship Belt

Results are only viewable after voting.
Without Google: who won the 2016 Super heavyweight gold medal?

Ok

Who is the current UFC lightweight champion?

I'm just saying: boxing is a big event in the summer games and it's likely that even as a pro boxer now Tony Yoka isn't the most household name.

I gotta go UFC champion, in its current state, is more of an accomplishment. It takes longer and a more diverse skill set. Plus quite a bit of luck.

Not down playing Oly gold though that's awesome as well - any sport. You can claim you were the best for 4 years of history. It's actually a cool topic haven't ever considered this before.

They have better drugs in the Olympics so that makes if even harder.

Olympic boxing is a joke IMO
Most certainly.

There's this story of a frog walking into a bank. It approaches the teller - nameplate reads Patricia Whack. "Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $10,000 loan to take a holiday." Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. "Name's Kermit!", he responds. "Kermit The Frog?!" then asks the teller. "Oh no, no. It's Kermit Jagger. My dad's Mick Jagger. See, he fucked my mother, who's a frog. I'm his son" Patty then explains that to get the loan she'll need collateral from Kermit. "Sure! I have this," he replies and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed. Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult the bank manager about this first. She finds the manager and explains him the situation. Then she holds up the tiny pink elephant and explains it's offered as a collateral. "I mean, what in the world is this?", she asks. The bank manager observes the thing, looks back at Patty and says, "Why... It's a knickknack, Patty Whack! Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

Only thing rivaling this story is a gold medal in Olympic boxing.

It's Olympic gold.

You can only win an Olympic gold medal every 4 years. How many times do UFC belts change hands? How many people fight for each UFC title over a 4 year period? 8-12, something like that.

Every Olympic sport also has higher participation numbers than MMA so getting a gold medal means you're the top of a larger group of people than you are if you win a UFC belt.

Really depend what sport. Olympic gold in the 100m dash is probably the biggest award in sports

Olympic boxing is a joke IMO

Look at who's won golds ffs.

Lennox Lewis, Wladimir Klitschko, Anthony Joshua, Oleksandr Usyk, Ray Mercer, George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Leon Spinks, Muhammad Ali, Floyd Patterson, Ray Leonard, Oscar De La Hoya, Pernell Whitaker, Vasyl Lomachenko.....

I got bored at that point, I'm sure I've missed plenty. They're all a complete joke and not some of the biggest names in professional boxing.

What gives u more money?

I'll take a gold metal in sex if that's a sport. I mean u literally would have proof your the best lay in the world and i'm guessing many fine ladies would like to give it a go.

Otherwise, it's about money for me.

I don’t really care about the Olympics. I’ll go with the UFC belt

Which is a greater accomplishment? Getting an Olympic Gold Medal or a UFC Championship Belt.
In my opinion getting an olympic gold medal is more difficult.
Reason:
While fighting for UFC, 4 months before the fight (at least) you came to know Who are you fighting with...What fighting style your opponent has...either he is a grappler, a striker etc.
But in Olympic, you don't know who you are fighting next...its totally unexpected and at run-time you need to plan what you have to do...

Look at who's won golds ffs.

Lennox Lewis, Wladimir Klitschko, Anthony Joshua, Oleksandr Usyk, Ray Mercer, George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Leon Spinks, Muhammad Ali, Floyd Patterson, Ray Leonard, Oscar De La Hoya, Pernell Whitaker, Vasyl Lomachenko.....

I got bored at that point, I'm sure I've missed plenty. They're all a complete joke and not some of the biggest names in professional boxing.
Do you honestly think any of those guys would have been fine with winning gold but never winning an actual belt?

Olympic Gold Medal

Assuming it's in a real event. Not like sailing or modern pentathlon or something dumb like that.

Depends who you ask.

For me Boxing/Wrestling Gold > UFC Gold

BUT

UFC Gold > Judo and TKD Gold

Also, Karate will now be an Olympic Sport starting 2020! Kinda cool

UFC belt and it's not close.

Why? Because it's a fucking choice, that Adults do and not all Olympic Gold medalist can get.

Most Olympic Gold Medalist are literally kids who have been training since they were kids......They never had a real choice, and had their whole lives controlled by their parents/coach.....Sorry can't really admire that......To me, that's worst than steroids(They are getting a huge advantage over 99% of humans), that's privilege at it's finest.

UFC belts on the other hand are won by adults who chose to get into MMA....and in order for them to become champs, they have to learn some new things/evolve.....That to me is why is much better/more valuable than a damn gold medal.

Not to mention, beating the shit out of people > Olympics
how old is Olympic sports and how old is MMA ?
if you put them together you will figure out that soon young kids will be somehow forced to go to the gym at a very young age and same will apply for mma.
I have no issues with it I am just telling you that considering the history of both sports your argument is wrong

What if some badass did both ? Got an Olympic gold medal and then a UFC belt? What if he went out and got another UFC belt after that? That would be one hell of an accomplishment !!!

Lmao.
As much as he mentions it, I sometimes still fail to wrap my head around how spectacular of an accomplishment that actually is. Fucking incredible.

Last edited:
Olympics are specific sports and some of the sports they have are a joke. I love MMA because you need everything Olympic athletes do and more. Its much tougher and its not just a sport: its a fight. And since i like MMA and don't watch races or shit like that id like to win at something i like and care about. Not win something i don't care about just to be cool. Honestly, fuck the Olympics. So overrated.

"The World's Fastest Man" is the most prestigious title in all of sports.

_46222945_mens_wr_v3.jpg

The 100m is the premier event in the Olympics and it outweighs 10 medals in lesser sports like swimming.

How many biathlon gold medals is it though?

I think most athletes regard Olympic gold as the highest achievement you can get. Look sports where they have both pro leagues and Olympics available. Basically every one of them who have won both the championship in the pro league and the Olympic gold in their event say the Olympic achievement means the most. That's gotta count big

Do you honestly think any of those guys would have been fine with winning gold but never winning an actual belt?

What's that got to do with anything. They all got a gold medals so Olympic boxing is clearly not a joke which was the comment I was replying to.
Deontay Wilder, Gennady Golovkin, Floyd Mayweather, Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones all got silver or bronzes too (Roy Jones was robbed of the gold).
If Olympic boxing was a joke, you have to wonder why so many top boxers turned pro after going to the Olympics.

The greatest accomplishment is to become a dictator from a simple means, like an Adolf Hitler.

Back