Olympic Gold Medal or UFC Championship Belt?

Which is a greater accomplishment?

• Olympic Gold Medal

• UFC Championship Belt

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dont forget the first USA Gold Medalist in Rio

imrs.php

It depends on the sport. An OGM in boxing, gymnastics, swimming, skiing, or track and field event would be pretty cool. However, I'd take the UFC belt over fencing or curling.

Most gold medals > UFC Belts.

Having said that, not every UFC champ is the same, some are GOAT candidates while others are often seen as fluke or paper champs.

i'll take the Bellator title over an Olympic medal.

As far as wrestling goes, UFC belt is cooler. Unless you're in the bubble. Boxing's, actually, debatable. I'd still prefer a UFC title cause I'm a fan of MMA and not really a fan of boxing, but it's two iconic things rolled into one - boxing champ/Olympic gold - it's tough to argue against that.

I guess wrestling's the toughest sport and shit, but... if I meet you and you say, "Hey! I won gold in wrestling at Olympic Games in Rio!", I'd be, like, "Cool! What else did you do there?"

But if you said, "Hey! I won gold in boxing at Olympic Games in Rio!", I'd be, like, "No way! You think you could beat Rocky?"

It's just cooler and more relevant.

Olympic boxing is a joke IMO

well, you don't even like submissions, yet watch MMA

So your opinion doesn't mean much
Dafaq does watching olympics have to do with MMA?
Some snowboarder the next best KO artist
Hardest hitting 170 male on planet is finishing up his curling career

I would rather have a gold medal in table tennis. Or Badminton.

The UFC belt is the most coveted of all. Dana has four on his desk right now ready to hand out.

In life? Olympics. In terms of relevance for MMA? UFC belt of course. You can be an Olympic medalist and not reach the top in MMA. There's been a number of examples.

ufc hands out belts like they come from a cracker jack box to popular fighters.

they made a fucking belt for Jorge and nate. neither guy could win the "legit" one.

kabob got his beating a guy that wasn't even in the top 10 ffs.

now they got the rock handing out a made up belt.

ufc is not about competition its about entertainment.

they jumped the shark with bmf belt. what a joke.

What if some badass did both ? Got an Olympic gold medal and then a UFC belt? What if he went out and got another UFC belt after that? That would be one hell of an accomplishment !!!

MMA belt all day...Olympics has so many different sports, there is really no big draw, people turn in masses to watch once every 4 years, and most of the olympic athletes are barely remembered after, unless you are some megastar like Phelps. UFC athletes are much more recognizable in most instances.

UFC belt and it's not close.

Why? Because it's a fucking choice, that Adults do and not all Olympic Gold medalist can get.

Most Olympic Gold Medalist are literally kids who have been training since they were kids......They never had a real choice, and had their whole lives controlled by their parents/coach.....Sorry can't really admire that......To me, that's worst than steroids(They are getting a huge advantage over 99% of humans), that's privilege at it's finest.

UFC belts on the other hand are won by adults who chose to get into MMA....and in order for them to become champs, they have to learn some new things/evolve.....That to me is why is much better/more valuable than a damn gold medal.

Not to mention, beating the shit out of people > Olympics

LOOOOOL

Depends on the sport.
I'd take the featherweight title over the gold medal in curling.
What's considered a bigger deal in boxing. The WBA title or Gold medal in Olympic boxing.
At the end of the day, it is what YOU perceive as more important. I watch more fights than Olympic sports.

Bastard. I was going to use curling for a shit example too lol

The question is which is the greater accomplishment, not which would you rather have? Winning an Olympic gold medal is far more prestigious, but I understand why some people shit on the lesser events. A gold medal means you beat out all of the competition in the entire world that made the attempt to get the gold. Winning a UFC championship means you beat out maybe 10 people. The UFC is the premier promotion in MMA, but there are fighters in other organizations that would beat the current champions in the UFC. Being a UFC champion does not mean you are the best in the world. It only means you beat the former UFC champion. Does anyone really believe that Carla Esparza is the best female flyweight in the world?

Not even close.
{<hhh]
Do you think the olympics would let CM punk compete because teenager weirdos think hes cool and like his tweets?

Back