Media Oliveira motivates his brother Tony Ferguson

Was Werdum talking Spanish, and not Portuguese?

Is there much difference between Spanish and Mexican? Obviously they have differences but are they not derived from the same language originally? Is it common from Spanish speakers to pick up Mexican really fast and vice verse or what?
Mexican isn't a language lol. Both speak spanish but Mexicans pronounce things slightly differently. Some of the vocabulary is different. It's like comparing American English to British English

Mexican isn't a language lol. Both speak spanish but Mexicans pronounce things slightly differently. Some of the vocabulary is different. It's like comparing American English to British English
Really? Is it honestly like that?
So any Spaniard can arrive anywhere in Mexico and immediately adapt and understand practically every word? And vice versa?

I thought it was more like Dutch and Afrikaan whereby some Dutch speakers have an easier time understanding it, but others are utterly baffled by what they hear and conversations are unable to flow freely due to the opposing syntax.
It can be like that with Belgian and Flemish too, where depending on which region of Belgian you are from you can either understand pretty much perfectly or you are completely lost due to the differences in how the sentence arrangement are constructed,

It can be like that with Belgian and Flemish too, where depending on which region of Belgian you are from you can either understand pretty much perfectly or you are completely lost due to the differences in how the sentence arrangement are constructed,

It's different, Belgian and Flemish have nothing in common, because "Belgian" (from the western part called Wallonie) is litteraly French and Flemish is totally another language (having a lot in common with Dutch). If you only speaks one of those language you can't understand the other one at all.

"Mexican" and Spanish are like Canadian and English, or Brazilian and Portuguese. Thick accent but it's 99% the same language.

Really? Is it honestly like that?
So any Spaniard can arrive anywhere in Mexico and immediately adapt and understand practically every word? And vice versa?

I thought it was more like Dutch and Afrikaan whereby some Dutch speakers have an easier time understanding it, but others are utterly baffled by what they hear and conversations are unable to flow freely due to the opposing syntax.
They would be able to understand everything apart from a few slang words and maybe some regional dialect. Main difference though is that the way Mexicans speak isn't as formal as the spaniard. The Spanish from south america is harder to understand tbh

They would be able to understand everything apart from a few slang words and maybe some regional dialect. Main difference though is that the way Mexicans speak isn't as formal as the spaniard. The Spanish from south america is harder to understand tbh
Makes sense, thanks.

I disagree with the other poster who said Belgian is literally French. That’s not true at all. The languages are similar but French and Belgian speakers could not have a flowing conversation without having learned some of the others language.

I disagree with the other poster who said Belgian is literally French. That’s not true at all. The languages are similar but French and Belgian speakers could not have a flowing conversation without having learned some of the others language.

Dude...i am french, what are you talking about, just check the wikipedia article : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Belgium
Half of belgium is speaking french, there's no "belgian" language

Makes sense, thanks.

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. And I'm from Belgium. "belgian" does not exist. We have the flemish part where they speak dutch and the walloonian part where they speak french. In the flemish part we do have different dialects of dutch but everyone also speaks regular dutch.

People from the french part of Belgium can have a perfect convo with people from France because it's the same fucking language. Source: I'm a Belgian who speaks dutch and french.

Dude...i am french, what are you talking about, just check the wikipedia article : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Belgium
Half of belgium is speaking french, there's no "belgian" language
Okay I am confusing Flemish with Belgian then, I was unaware there was only French and Flemish and no Belgian language. Thanks for the heads up.

But am I right in thinking that Flemish and French speakers have no idea what one another are talking about? And are you saying that French speaking Belgians speak the exact same language spoken in France?

Okay I am confusing Flemish with Belgian then, I was unaware there was only French and Flemish and no Belgian language. Thanks for the heads up.

But am I right in thinking that Flemish and French speakers have no idea what one another are talking about? And are you saying that French speaking Belgians speak the exact same language spoken in France?
Yes. I'm from the Flemish part and we speak dutch, the French part speaks french.

And also in the Flemish part a lot of people know also french while in the French part not many know dutch.

Okay so it’s Dutch, Flemish and French! I knew it wasn’t just French and Flemish, not sure where I got Belgian from..
No Flemish isn't another language, it's just dutch. Like we speak the same language as in the Netherlands albeit our accent is a bit different.

Didn’t he end up fucking Alvarez?

<TheWire1>
Yeah it was alluded to.

I think Alvarez lost his bid at parole, was broken, fell into drugs supplied by Alonzo, and escapism/party through ....you know the rest..

Back