Oliveira is going to get chinned because of his non-existent head-movement.

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
His head always stays in the center line, whether he's throwing punches or not. Look at how many times he got tagged clean by Kevin lee on the feet because of his lack of headmovement. You can't do that against an explosive powerhouse like chandler.

Oliveira also stands very tall and has a very high guard, which makes him very susceptible to body strikes. As shown in his past fights. And chandler is one of the best at attacking body in 155.

Overall this is a very tough matchup for Charles, If he hasn't fixed his glaring holes in his defense then I don't think he can get out of the first round.

You're right about his head not moving. Charles does everything great, except headmovement. Hopefully he patched that up for this one.

I don't recall him having such terrible head movement, but I will check some fights. I do think Chandler's explosivenes is a danger for all the guys he fights, and I would not be shocked if he finishes Charles fast. I mean, he knocked out Hooker, who (I think) has a better chin.

Really hard to predict the outcome, but I feel confident in Champler. If he gets it done and beats Poirier, he is better than most of us thought.

His head always stays in the center line, whether he's throwing punches or not. Look at how many times he got tagged clean by Kevin lee on the feet because of his lack of headmovement. You can't do that against an explosive powerhouse like chandler.

Oliveira also stands very tall and has a very high guard, which makes him very susceptible to body strikes. As shown in his past fights. And chandler is one of the best at attacking body in 155.

Overall this is a very tough matchup for Charles, If he hasn't fixed his glaring holes in his defense then I don't think he can get out of the first round.

Chandler's head doesn't move either especially after he's gassed. His style takes too much energy

I don't recall him having such terrible head movement, but I will check some fights. I do think Chandler's explosivenes is a danger for all the guys he fights, and I would not be shocked if he finishes Charles fast. I mean, he knocked out Hooker, who (I think) has a better chin.

Really hard to predict the outcome, but I feel confident in Champler. If he gets it done and beats Poirier, he is better than most of us thought.
Poirier is on record saying he won't fight Chandler.

It’s very obvious that Chandler will maul Don’t Bronx in the stand up.

The real question is can Oliveira get the fight to the ground.
Can he out wrestle Michael? Because if he can then he stands a very good chance of dominating Chandler On the ground.
If he can’t then he is basically fucked.
Same as if he fails to keep Chandler down, he’s fucked.

Damn. You bring up a really good point. I like Chandler but I had Charles winning this one, but with chandlers explosiveness you might be right. Might be changing my bet on this one...

This is 2021 and I see Charlo with advantage everywhere. Of course, he can be caught .Chandler has a good team behind him- that much I'll give .Hooker extremely overrated and I see Mike way too overconfident coming into this. Oliveria is the better fighter but we'll see what happens.

I'll be wagering on do bronx ( he has made me plenty coin and I think he attains what he has earned)

It’s plain as day that he’ll get chinned. I think Tony has more of a chance beating Dairush than Charles beating Chandler.

i can see that, Chandler could drop low to fake a TD then hit that shot, could be like how he knocked out hooker

I agree. In general when you have two very offensive fighters, the power guy is going to beat the volume guy (Almeida/Gardbrandt is a good example). The chances I see for Oliveira are catching Chandler with a good counter, landing a big elbow or knee, or (best option) countering with an elbow or knee. But none of those seem as likely as Chandler just moving forward and applying his standard game against an opponent that seems very vulnerable to it.

I think Chandler as an underdog is the bet of the year. Especially considering the options of winning by ko at around +200 and winning in the first round at around +400.

nm

Last edited:
Back