Oliveira in neck brace on stretcher. Being taken out grabbing his neck.

You were able to move your arm with a broken collar bone?

Absolutely. It hurt incredibly bad when I shattered my collarbone (the second time) but I took a shower the next morning, put on slacks and a polo and went to work at 8 AM. That time I also broke my wrist in two spots and that was what hurt me the worst so I left work at 10 and went to the ER to find all that stuff out. The third time (second surgery) I was able to move the arm pretty well actually, I was trying to convince myself I hadn't just broke my collarbone that had just gotten a plate put on it 14 months prior so the arm moved pretty easily. When I woke up the next morning though I knew for certain it was broken again and sure enough the original plate stayed in tact but the bone broke in half at the end of the plate so they had to take the old plate out and put a new (larger) one in.

Absolutely. It hurt incredibly bad when I shattered my collarbone (the second time) but I took a shower the next morning, put on slacks and a polo and went to work at 8 AM. That time I also broke my wrist in two spots and that was what hurt me the worst so I left work at 10 and went to the ER to find all that stuff out. The third time (second surgery) I was able to move the arm pretty well actually, I was trying to convince myself I hadn't just broke my collarbone that had just gotten a plate put on it 14 months prior so the arm moved pretty easily. When I woke up the next morning though I knew for certain it was broken again and sure enough the original plate stayed in tact but the bone broke in half at the end of the plate so they had to take the old plate out and put a new (larger) one in.

You shattered you collarbone, and took a shower the next morning? You sure you know what a collarbone is?

You shattered you collarbone, and took a shower the next morning? You sure you know what a collarbone is?

Dude I have x-rays and thousands of dollars in medical bills. I know what a fucking collarbone is because i have broken mine three times. I had fucking SURGERY on my collarbone twice, I know what a fucking collarbone is. It's called not being a bitch.

And the shower in the morning wasn't the hardest part, it was putting on the polo.

Also, NOT calling Charles a bitch because I would never be a UFC fighter. Just meant going to ER at 12 am or 2:30 am (which was the times I broke it both surgery times) will do nothing but get you pain pills. I'd rather sleep then see a surgeon at the ER during normal business hours.

When you break a collar bone, you can move your arm and stuff. Of course, you're not doing it any favors; need to put it in a brace. The thing you really don't want is any impact on your broken bone.

Scary moment when a guy straight-up crumbles after feeling his neck. Very much hope he's okay.

You know that there are warriors that take shattered broken collarbones like its nothing in the world of Internet right?

Dude I have x-rays and thousands of dollars in medical bills. I know what a fucking collarbone is because i have broken mine three time. I had fucking SURGERY on my collarbone twice, I know what a fucking collarbone is. It's called not being a bitch.

And the shower in the morning wasn't the hardest part, it was putting on the polo.

Ok... I've just learned (although I've never seen it in person) that when the clavicle breaks, the arm is rendered totally limp and the shoulder falls into the chest. Maybe the things I learned were wrong.

Ok... I've just learned (although I've never seen it in person) that when the clavicle breaks, the arm is rendered totally limp and the shoulder falls into the chest. Maybe the things I learned were wrong.

Okay man, I apologize if I came off rude but I just really really know about breaking a collarbone specifically. If you look through my posts, I am pretty sure I have talked about it on Sherdog before.

Terrible injury, hope he comes back

Like with all things I'm sure that depends on the severity and person to person basis. This guy has no reason to say he broke his collar bone if he didn't, he's not winning any awards for toughness.

Dude I have x-rays and thousands of dollars in medical bills. I know what a fucking collarbone is because i have broken mine three times. I had fucking SURGERY on my collarbone twice, I know what a fucking collarbone is. It's called not being a bitch.

Also, NOT calling Charles a bitch because I would never be a UFC fighter. Just meant going to ER at 12 am or 2:30 am (which was the times I broke it both surgery times) will do nothing but get you pain pills. I'd rather sleep then see a surgeon at the ER during normal business hours.

anger9.gif

What do you do that makes you so injury prone? I want to know what you did to receive all of these injuries.

What do you do that makes you so injury prone? I want to know what you did to receive all of these injuries.

First break was a kid and an older kid pushed me down while we were walking down a hill. Second was longboarding and it was at night and I hit some sand which made the board come to a complete stop resulting in me flying off the board. Third time was a foot race while at full speed the person I was racing tripped me.

didn't look serious

didn't he do something like this before, go down not getting hit?

Like with all things I'm sure that depends on the severity and person to person basis. This guy has no reason to say he broke his collar bone if he didn't, he's not winning any awards for toughness.

Yeah, not trying to call anyone a liar at all. It just sounded, to me, like someone saying that they broke their femur and ran a marathon. But I am no expert, so I'm perfectly willing to accept that I could be wrong. But anyway, I just really hope that Olivera is ok.

Never a good sign when they put you on a stretcher with a neck brace. Hopefully there's no damage to his neck or spine. Whenever there are discs or vertebrae involved it's scary as hell.

A neck brace doesn't necessarily mean much. Medical personnel are going to treat it as a worst case scenario when it comes to anything related to the spine, neck, or head, but it doesn't mean the injury was serious.

Hoping it's nothing serious.

Yeah. Me too.

Yeah, not trying to call anyone a liar at all. It just sounded, to me, like someone saying that they broke their femur and ran a marathon. But I am no expert, so I'm perfectly willing to accept that I could be wrong. But anyway, I just really hope that Olivera is ok.

Yes because running a marathon with a broken femur and a dude with a shattered collarbone taking a shower are pretty much one in the same.

I don't think I am getting cool Sherdog points by telling my story, I just want to let it be known that a dude that gets punched in the face for a living could definitely move his arm with a broken collarbone because I (a dude that is not near an mixed martial artist) can do it with a severely broken one.

I would have preferred the pain pills ;-)

Yes because running a marathon with a broken femur and a dude with a shattered collarbone taking a shower are pretty much one in the same.

I don't think I am getting cool Sherdog points by telling my story, I just want to let it be known that a dude that gets punched in the face for a living could definitely move his arm with a broken collarbone because I (a dude that is not near an mixed martial artist) can do it with a severely broken one.

No, I really wasn't trying to say that your story isn't true. I must be wrong. If you have really shattered your clavicle, and it didn't have the effect that I thought, then I must be wrong. Honestly not calling you a liar.

Back