oliveira early tap

no comparison between the 2, Cerrone's triangle was sinched in tight as fuck

Yeah because your arm is as strong as your leg. Have you seen Cerones legs?

it's not a matter of strenght (well, even that) it's a matter of leverage.

a well locked triangle (and a triangle locked from the top is always well locked) is a claustrophobic experience.

It doesn't matter how quick the tap was as it was a deep triangle choke. Cerrone had it in deep!!! Imagine leg strength crushing your neck like a boa constricter. You'd tap too.

I immediately thought it was a shoulder injury or something. He was tapping almost literally as soon as the triangle was locked up. Even if someone has the tightest squeeze in the world, it's usually going to take a second or two to get the tap, especially from that position.

To me, the tap seemed more like a "pain" tap a la an armbar, than a "choke" tap... if that makes any sense. The tap seemed sudden and panicked, like something was very painful, not reluctant like someone's just caught in a choke and about to go out.

the roll is what does it to ya

Donald was about to lay elbows to the head and I think he pulled up on one. Oliveria knew it was going to get worse before it got better.

Donald was about to lay elbows to the head and I think he pulled up on one. Oliveria knew it was going to get worse before it got better.

No, there were no attempts or threats of elbows. And yes, half of Sherdog could have held out longer than Oliveira. Absolutely embarrassing if not suspicious.

No, there were no attempts or threats of elbows. And yes, half of Sherdog could have held out longer than Oliveira. Absolutely embarrassing if not suspicious.
Okay I apologize for my mistake.

Super early tap

You known its early because he didn't even try to defend, no posturing up, nothing, he tapped as fast as Cerrone could slap it on, disappointing since he was clearly getting the better of Cerrone on the feet and has shown decent subs himself

It's kind of weird to see someone tap as frenetically Olivera was from a choke, but in order to make the choke work you don't need to get the arm across, as long as you can lock it up high... The arm across certainly helps but it is not necessary, and to op, brown belt my ass, if you created that thread a little over 5 years and you are a brown now, the you must be a full time competitor type, a full time competitor knows that you don't need the arm across to finish the triangle...

I'm a purple And I've been training longer than your 5 years old thread... Never seen you around f12 either..

It's kind of weird to see someone tap as frenetically Olivera was from a choke, but in order to make the choke work you don't need to get the arm across, as long as you can lock it up high... The arm across certainly helps but it is not necessary, and to op, brown belt my ass, if you created that thread a little over 5 years and you are a brown now, the you must be a full time competitor type, a full time competitor knows that you don't need the arm across to finish the triangle...

I'm a purple And I've been training longer than your 5 years old thread... Never seen you around f12 either..

Agreed.. but there's more of an issue with timing than the technique IMO. Oliveira literally lasted one second after the triangle was secured. Very odd.

It was an extremely quick tap. I know you don't need the arm across necessarily but I found it to be pretty damn odd. ~mediocre blue belts 2 cents.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cbyt8szW0AAQfd9.jpg:large
Cbyt8szW0AAQfd9.jpg:large

Looks like the shoulder is pretty tight to me.
I think the problem is, how soon he tapped, this pic is showing the sub after both Cerrone points out he's tapping and Mario's slow ass is actually about to step in. So by this point the sub probably was all the way in. Oliveira may have just known he was screwed, but it did look bad with how quick he tapped.

Super early tap

You known its early because he didn't even try to defend, no posturing up, nothing, he tapped as fast as Cerrone could slap it on, disappointing since he was clearly getting the better of Cerrone on the feet and has shown decent subs himself

He couldn't posture up. His free hand was trapped underneath Cerrone. How can he posture up when he's literally tethered to Cerrone by way of having an arm trapped in place underneath the guy, meanwhile the triangle was already locked in and had been assisted by gravity.

As someone else already said. When you're caught you're caught. Tap, nap, or snap.

Purple belt here. I finish triangles like that fairly often. Obviously you'd like the arm across but there are plenty of ways to finish without.
White belt here, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

Back