oliveira early tap

almost spit my coffee after he said buttload and i saw the brokeback picture

Even if you're a red belt, what you wrote implies you are not familiar enough with the triangle. You wouldn't tap that quickly? Then go and show the world how tough you are in that octagon.

you clearly don't train.

I thought it was a bit of an early tap too. The way he pulled his trapped arm out, it appeared like he may of hurt his shoulder.

Also thewhiterooster you should know better than to ever post on a sherdog thread about your belt, fighting experience, ect...

you're 100% correct. it certainly won't happen again. lordy

I thought it looked like an insta-tap as well.

He got caught and tapped... no big.

Also, coming from someone who played baseball and hasn't trained mma other than a few muay thai classes..... it does seem a little homo to only train bjj, esp. if you don't compete

to get a brown belt after training for 5-6 years is certainly not that crazy. especially if you get addicted and train 4-6 times per week. i know a few people who got their black belts after 4 years... i got my blue and purple from bass and brown from haueter (rigan machado black belts)... i got a feeling a lot of the folks who are "hating" this thread don't train, which is fine. oliveira tapped very early. and you certainly don't have to agree with me.

Totally dude. I got my black belt in 3 years.

...from sensei Dada 5000

nice stalking job. yes that thread is from 2010. six years ago. i now have a brown belt, corky.

It's from just over 5 years ago, actually. So let's assume you started training roughly 5 years and 4-5 months ago. How are you a brown belt without living at the gym and training full time?

American Cowboy knows how to triangle, more than you know what you're watching. That's his money move on the ground. So yes it was unorthodox, but high-level players can do unorthodox things and have them work, because they have mastery of a move. Give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure Brazilian Cowboy was going to sleep.

i'm a brown belt. i do know what i'm talking about. i would never tap that quickly.

Congrats, but you're not taking into account Cerrones level of BJJ. Dudes like a 15x UFC vet with a decade's worth of pro MMA experience at the highest level.

1. The choke was in high, as in there was NO torso in the triangle to attempt a posture. Nothing but neck and shoulder.

2. Oliveiras free arm was pinned underneath.

3. *Opinion here* Oliveiras left shoulder looked like it extended awkardly during the mount to triangle transition.

Point is criticize all you want but Oliveira wasn't going anywhere, that choke was in tight. TS comparing Northcutts tap to a non choke to a textbook triangle is absurd

Looked like an early tap to me. I'm a Bjj purple and it's odd to say the least, to see a guy tap that fast when dealing with a choke like that especially in a no-gi situation. The only time you see quick taps like that is in. Joint manipulation technique like say an armbar where it is your best interest to tap early before something is strained or broken.
Rothwell/Mittrione
Cathal/King

Okay. Training under Chang Beck Choi. In Toronto Canada here. Once you're in a no escape situation you tap. Simple as that.

Anyone saying it was early doesn't understand fighting

i'm surprised that more people aren't commenting on how early oliveria tapped with that triangle. sage was practically crucified with is early tap (rightfully so). but oliveira tapped to that triangle very early. cerrone just locked it in, didn't have the angle, didn't have his head pulled down and most importantly oliveira's arm (that was in the triangle) wasn't pushed across his body (meaning his right carotid artery had plenty of room for blood to flow)... but the thing that both oliveira and sage had in common is they clearly had no clue how to defend those submissions.

Maybe when Cowboy rolls from mount to back he twisted Oliveira´s neck or something, or it was already injuried

It was a quick tap something must have happened.

Back