oliveira early tap

That choke was tight. TS might wanna take his brown belt, shine it up real nice, then stick it in a box marked "return to sender" addressed to Rener Gracie. Those internet classes aren't helping.

In 6 years? Who is your belt under?
found it...

after_school_postcard.jpg

In 5 years? Who is your belt under?

I'd like to know this as well. I do agree that was a very, very early tap. Almost suspiciously early, honestly.

Fedor hung on for around 15-20 seconds and that was against Werdum, whose triangle choke is arguably one of the strongest in the world given his proficiency and size. And to quote Josh Barnett, his "unusually long inseam" (length from knees to hips, I think?).

To see this 'Cowboy' not fight it in any form was disappointing. I know Olivera is no Bendo, but Benson survived multiple Cowboy triangle attempts if I remember correctly. And then you have Poirier hanging on against the Korean Zombie until the round ended, and that was for around 10 seconds as well.

Looked like an early tap to me. I'm a Bjj purple and it's odd to say the least, to see a guy tap that fast when dealing with a choke like that especially in a no-gi situation. The only time you see quick taps like that is in. Joint manipulation technique like say an armbar where it is your best interest to tap early before something is strained or broken.

Don't see why ts is being flamed here. Legit point he's making.

#sagebless

Not only was the tap early, But the defense was pitiful.

He wasnt rocked, he wasnt tired. He let him slide right into a mounted triangle. Now triangle defense isnt as easy as a guillotine, RNC, or head and arm choke. Its still one of the ones you HAVE to know before you get any legit Green belt. SO pm when I see someone who isnt tired or rocked like the Sage tap, Oliveira tap, and really ANY RNC TAP, I assume they are a white belt in truth.

the defenses are so easy, and most of them DO shelter you from punches on the ground.

In 6 years? Who is your belt under?

to get a brown belt after training for 5-6 years is certainly not that crazy. especially if you get addicted and train 4-6 times per week. i know a few people who got their black belts after 4 years... i got my blue and purple from bass and brown from haueter (rigan machado black belts)... i got a feeling a lot of the folks who are "hating" this thread don't train, which is fine. oliveira tapped very early. and you certainly don't have to agree with me.

Looked like an early tap to me. I'm a Bjj purple and it's odd to say the least, to see a guy tap that fast when dealing with a choke like that especially in a no-gi situation. The only time you see quick taps like that is in. Joint manipulation technique like say an armbar where it is your best interest to tap early before something is strained or broken.

Don't see why ts is being flamed here. Legit point he's making.

#sagebless

thx dude. internet "hate" will happen. but it's mostly from folks who aren't listening to my point and they probably don't train. which is totally fine.

to get a brown belt after training for 5-6 years is certainly not that crazy. especially if you get addicted and train 4-6 times per week. i know a few people who got their black belts after 4 years... i got my blue and purple from bass and brown from haueter (rigan machado black belts)... i got a feeling a lot of the folks who are "hating" this thread don't train, which is fine. oliveira tapped very early. and you certainly don't have to agree with me.

Ok fair dues, I will eat crow I expected you to shade that out. Haueter is legit. I agree it did seem slightly early, but I disagree you need the arm across and if you look at the angle I posted the shoulder looks tight imo.

Purple belt here. I finish triangles like that fairly often. Obviously you'd like the arm across but there are plenty of ways to finish without.

Theres this dumb thing going on now where noobs complain how tough the pros are supposed to be. And not just mma.

I thought it was a bit of an early tap too. The way he pulled his trapped arm out, it appeared like he may of hurt his shoulder.

Also thewhiterooster you should know better than to ever post on a sherdog thread about your belt, fighting experience, ect...

Theres this dumb thing going on now where noobs complain how tough the pros are supposed to be. And not just mma.
Amen. Most people don't know that sage got von flue'd but said it was a quick tap. Now I'm reading that Cowboy O tapped early, ignoring the fact that cerrone has a damn slick triangle and long legs that allow him to generate a fuck ton of pressure.

I get why ppl make the mistake of thinking that these subs aren't sunk in in the traditional sense, but it's still a mistake to ignore that these guys are efficient to the point that they can finish from what appears to be a less than perfect angle or position

i'm a brown belt. i do know what i'm talking about. i would never tap that quickly.
Even if you're a red belt, what you wrote implies you are not familiar enough with the triangle. You wouldn't tap that quickly? Then go and show the world how tough you are in that octagon.

Back