oliveira early tap

thewhiterooster

dana hates sunscreen
@Brown
Reaction score
i'm surprised that more people aren't commenting on how early oliveria tapped with that triangle. sage was practically crucified with is early tap (rightfully so). but oliveira tapped to that triangle very early. cerrone just locked it in, didn't have the angle, didn't have his head pulled down and most importantly oliveira's arm (that was in the triangle) wasn't pushed across his body (meaning his right carotid artery had plenty of room for blood to flow)... but the thing that both oliveira and sage had in common is they clearly had no clue how to defend those submissions.

It seemed too quick to me as well.

i'm surprised that more people aren't commenting on how early oliveria tapped with that triangle. sage was practically crucified with is early tap (rightfully so). but oliveira tapped to that triangle very early. cerrone just locked it in, didn't have the angle, didn't have his head pulled down and most importantly oliveira's arm (that was in the triangle) wasn't pushed across his body (meaning his right carotid artery had plenty of room for blood to flow)... but the thing that both oliveira and sage had in common is they clearly had no clue how to defend those submissions.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. You don't have to push the arm to finish a triangle, it's a myth.
And you can't compare the chokes, the amount of force you can generate with your legs is far greater than what you can do with your arms while being in half guard.

Yeah because your arm is as strong as your leg. Have you seen Cerones legs?

If the triangle is tight and the head and arm have not even an inch to move, the choke is completed

anyone who gets tapped with a triangle in 2016 should never be in UFC. most easy thing to escape.

brazilian cowboy probably knew he wasn't getting out of that. It did look early to me too but hell, only he knows what that must have felt like

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. You don't have to push the arm to finish a triangle, it's a myth.
And you can't compare the chokes, the amount of force you can generate with your legs is far greater than what you can do with your arms while being in half guard.

i'm a brown belt. i do know what i'm talking about. i would never tap that quickly.

cerrone just locked it in, didn't have the angle, didn't have his head pulled down and most importantly oliveira's arm (that was in the triangle) wasn't pushed across his body (meaning his right carotid artery had plenty of room for blood to flow)... but the thing that both oliveira and sage had in common is they clearly had no clue how to defend those submissions.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cbyt8szW0AAQfd9.jpg:large
Cbyt8szW0AAQfd9.jpg:large

Looks like the shoulder is pretty tight to me.

Olivera did not want accusations of brokeback mountain so he tapped. Is normal
brokeback_mountain260pix.jpg

I already mentioned this in another thread.. I did not think it was a quick tap because he had no heart.. I initially thought it was a fixed fight... I know that is extremely unlikely so I chalk it up to GSP VS Hughes 1. More or less the pressure got to Cowboy #2.

The arm doesn't always have to be in and your body doesn't always have to be pointed away from your legs. Yeah that's the text book finish, and if it hadn't gotten the tap right away I'm sure Cerrone would have adjusted that way

He new how to defend it, Donald probably just has an unusually tight grip with his triangles. Also TS watch the Gracie breakdown of the Sage choke he didn't tap early

Back