Oleynik was winning until he lost

Boevik

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He pushed forward, clipped Over with wild punches and demonstrated activity in wrestling. Bad thing for him is that Over just too expirienced to be caught with those tricks.
Mucho hespect for both guys as I am a fan of both .

Pressuring Overeem isn't the best idea. Letting Overeem dictate the pace isn't the best plan either.

If my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

Srsly I know what you mean though.

Tried his best but still got destroyed in round 1 lol

He pushed forward, clipped Over with wild punches and demonstrated activity in wrestling. Bad thing for him is that Over just too expirienced to be caught with those tricks.

So punching like a windmill in to your oponents block and eating knees whole fight means winning?

Great

Oleynik is still my friend.

Rewatching it now but despite one sloppy overhand and those body shots, Overeem easily landed the much more significant shots with the knees, Oleynik (or however it’s spelled) looked old as fuck, and Overeem looked 38 as well. Reem look liked he barely even tried tbh and still got him out of there in less than a round.

Last edited:
He pulled an Overeem

Last edited:
Rounds are judged overall... not by the minute. You can't say someone was 'winning' unless they won at least a round objectively.

This is the common mistake for many of us. We think a minute or 2 of advantage equates to winning. No, that's not true. It's like saying someone was 'winning' just because they had a lead in the first mile of a marathon race.

No, they might have been leading briefly, but they were not winning anything. They in fact did not even manage to finish the marathon.

Did he really clip overeem with more than 1 or 2 punches though? A lot of the offence was badly placed and hit Reems guard it seemed

He wasn't winning at any point.
He was getting himself tired, getting all his shots blocked while Overeem was landing all the few shots he was throwing.

Gassed himself out had nothing left, nice effort but just not upto reems level of competition.

Back