Oleynik has to be one of the best submission fighters of all-time...

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
His submission win against Hunt was his 45th submission in his pro career in 57 victories. Not to mention, he has pulled off some of the slickest submissions in the UFC with his last fight being the first ever eziquiel choke from guard.

Where does he stand in the GOAT submission fighters convo? I think he has to be in the top 5. Thoughts?

He's mostly beaten cans.

Mir subbed way tougher guys for example.

At HW, i would say
  • Mir
  • Big Nog
  • Werdum
  • Josh Barnett
  • Fedor
Hunt is one of the easiest guys to submit and hes way past his prime now. Sean Mc fucking Corkle subbed him.

Whos the best guy Oleynik subbed? a 70 year old Jeff Monson? come on bro who else? Chael P Sonnen?

He is! But don't tell anyone, it's our secret!

royce gracie looked like a submission GOAT when he was tapping out strip mall karate instructors

Oliynyk looks like a wizard against guys who have no ground game like mark hunt but loses to chael sonnen

he needs to submit a top ground guy before he's in the submission GOAT talk

He's mostly beaten cans.

At HW, i would say
  • Mir
  • Big Nog
  • Werdum
  • Josh Barnett
  • Fedor
Hunt is one of the easiest guys to submit and hes way past his prime now. Sean Mc fucking Corkle subbed him.
I hate it when dudes edit their post after I've already liked it! I didn't necessarily condone that extra shit

I hate it when dudes edit their post after I've already liked it! I didn't necessarily condone that extra shit
yeah I hate it too but I take another shot and realise another few things,

I post like an angry conversation

"And another fucking thing"

yeah I hate it too but I take another shot and realise another few things
Lol Same here, but with tokes
Also, I always enjoy your posts. That's a great avatar you got and while I'm sure you don't really look like Don Frye in real life, in my mind you do

I'm hoping if i keep drinking to excess my mustache will grow just as beautiful.
Hehe We all need dreams! I'm still working on a pair of circa 1969 Joe Cocker sideburns but the engine blood in me is really diluting the thickness

Hehe We all need dreams! I'm still working on a pair of circa 1969 Joe Cocker sideburns but the engine blood in me is really diluting the thickness
2638656.jpg

He's mostly beaten cans.

At HW, i would say
  • Mir
  • Big Nog
  • Werdum
  • Josh Barnett
  • Fedor

Whos the best guy Oleynik subbed? a 70 year old Jeff Monson? come on bro who else? Chael P Sonnen?

Some people believe Oleynik would sub Roger Gracie in BJJ.

giphy.gif

His submission win against Hunt was his 45th submission in his pro career in 57 victories. Not to mention, he has pulled off some of the slickest submissions in the UFC with his last fight being the first ever eziquiel choke from guard.

Where does he stand in the GOAT submission fighters convo? I think he has to be in the top 5. Thoughts?
He's up there, but I still think guys like Big Nog, Mir, and Werdum rank above him, given the bigger name guys they fought and subbed. They all 3 are the greatest submission fighters of all time at HW, IMHO.

He's mostly beaten cans.

At HW, i would say
  • Mir
  • Big Nog
  • Werdum
  • Josh Barnett
  • Fedor

best submission HW has to be Mir and Werdum, imo they´re better than Nog
Oleynik needs to submmit a big good grapler before calling him into the list of greatest subs artists

best submission HW has to be Mir and Werdum, imo they´re better than Nog
Oleynik needs to submmit a big good grapler before calling him into the list of greatest subs artists
That's fair,

I didn't really put them in any order, although I do think Werdum is the best grappler, Mir just got the better subs.

Back