News Oleinik wants to fight into his 50s

old-guys-fight-hermana

Russians have always been known for their smart training and recovery programs. Wouldn't surprise me if he could pull it off, Severn style. I don't see him doing well in the UFC going forward though.

He should stop fighting big black powerful strikers then for Christ's sake.

I guess the career as a chef will have to continue to wait.

Oleinik is probably my favorite HW. Dude just fights so often, zero BS, incredible ground skills, and is like this slow-plodding heavy hitting zombie on the feet.

Seems like someone is in need of a money manager..?

He is awesome, I used to watch him a long time ago when he was a MW, he was a MW most of his career. He can fight until he is 50, I believe him, especially at HW where the guys are also all old and very slow too. His submissions are amazing, and has such a variety, if he gets anyone down he can tap them out.

He was obviously joking with the 7-10 year comment. Funny that they go ahead and make a serious headline out of it. Here's the full quote:

“Not too much longer, maybe 7-10 more years. Maybe one year, maybe five years no one knows. If I feel good, I am ready to fight. I’m sparring in the gym with young guys and big names from UFC, Bellator, I feel good,” he said. “If I’m worse than them, then yes I may retire. If I am not worse, maybe I am no better, but I’m not worse, so middle, so I’ll fight.”

Either way, he's a fucking legend and I'll watch him fight forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back