OLeg Taktarov: Highlight!

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
watch

http://youtu.be/V1ErvjY35v8
Enjoy! Tell me this was Oleg ever inducted in the UFC hall of Fame? If not then why?

He just won't ever be in the UFC HOF, didn't do enough inside the UFC

the original sambo/judo!

definitely think HOF worthy, even has a tournament win from the royce era

He just won't ever be in the UFC HOF, didn't do enough inside the UFC

Oh please. He did a lot more than Bonnar. He was 6-2-1. All of his wins except one came by sub. He only lost to Severn (a UFC elite in those days) and was never finished in the UFC. He had a win over Ruas and a draw with Ken Shamrock -- two other elites of the early UFC.

Interestingly, he won a UFC-like tournament in Russia around the time of UFC 1. I don't think it was a coincidence that he and Ruas weren't invited to the UFC until after Royce left.

He would have smashed Royce.

People say Bonnar shouldn't be in because of Roids.

Taktarov fixed a fight.

Bonnar didn't do anything significant. As someone else said, Oleg won a tournament and competed at the highest levels of his time.

As for the Macias fight, no one knows if Oleg was in on that, but he looked disgusted after the fight. The Frye/Hall looked just as bad, and Frye didn't have Oleg's disguted/surprised look afterwards.

People say Bonnar shouldn't be in because of Roids.

Taktarov fixed a fight.

Macias threw that fight and Taktarov was not aware of it until after it happened, and you see how pissed he looked at Anthony for taking a dive.

Before there was Fedor, there was Oleg.

Cheers to the original Russian bear and acting veteran who, I think is arguably the most successful MMA to movie crossover to date, in terms of sheer volume of work.

Oh please. He did a lot more than Bonnar. He was 6-2-1. All of his wins except one came by sub. He only lost to Severn (a UFC elite in those days) and was never finished in the UFC. He had a win over Ruas and a draw with Ken Shamrock -- two other elites of the early UFC.

Interestingly, he won a UFC-like tournament in Russia around the time of UFC 1. I don't think it was a coincidence that he and Ruas weren't invited to the UFC until after Royce left.

Tbh I don't see how Bonnar is in the HOF and a guy like Oleg is not. I loved watching this guy fight..

I liked Oleg. He had more heart than anyone in MMA history.
He's probably the best actor too, out of MMA fighters. He doesn't look huge compared to other fighters, but on screen next to actors, he looks very big and intimidating. Somehow he showed some personality when on screen, that guys like Randy and Tito just couldn't do.

There was a funny review up about UFC 6, but I don't think it's available any more.
It talked about how, despite his excellent grappling skills, Oleg was perfectly happy to fight however his opponent wanted to fight. So if they wanted to beat him up standing, he always seemed agreeable to that. Tank decided to do that, so Oleg went along with it and got bloodied, but eventually won by RNC.

Before there was Fedor, there was Oleg.

Cheers to the original Russian bear and acting veteran who, I think is arguably the most successful MMA to movie crossover to date, in terms of sheer volume of work.

Nice post. I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with you about something.

I thought Fedor combined the strengths of Oleg and Igor V into a single fighter.

Say what you want about Oleg, but as far as I'm concerned he did better against Ivan Drago than Rocky did.

Without doubt one of the toughest fighters of all time. As well as his awesome subs he actually had pretty decent standup too. In his fights with Tank, Ruas and Ken he got some good shots in. He should be in the HOF!

Back