Old UFC fans

Me and my little brother were big pro wrestling fans when we were kids. We used to rent the tapes from the video stores(remember those?). I can remember Summer 95 were were excited to finally see the Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme. We walked across town to rent it but it was checked out. The clerk told us it was due back that day so we sat there for like 5-6 hours hanging out waiting on whoever rented it to bring it back. We finally got our hands on Street Fighter and went to the wrestling section to rent a WWF tape but they were all rented out. Instead of a wrestling tape we got UFC 2(those early UFC tapes were bundled into the pro wrestling section back then). We watched UFC 2 that day and were hooked. The next day we went back and rented UFC 3 and Wrestlemania X.

Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock were our favorites but we also REALLY liked Kieth Hackney. I remember we would even "play" UFC after watching those, rolling around on the ground punching each other and trying to catch each other in submissions like Royce Gracie. Through the years after that we would always rent a UFC tape with a wrestling tape, UFC 1, 4, 5, and 6 were favorites of ours. Good memories.

I remember the last big fight I can remember hearing about/seeing commercials for was UFC 22, Tito vs Frank Shamrock. By that time we kind of lost interest in the UFC, all of our favorite fighters were long gone. By 2000 we never really heard anything about UFC, I even thought it was dead at one point. I found out about Pride through some friends and really fell in love with it. Then around 2003 you started seeing the Ultimate Knockouts tapes and those were GREAT! Tito vs Chuck UFC 47 was when we got back into UFC, that was a really big deal back then, one of those MUST SEE fights.

Favorite fighters to watch from those days... Royce, Taktarov, Marco Ruas, Ken. Hackney was fun as well, his fights were always interesting somehow. And Kimo.

You are right, isn't he the guy that basically won off of let kicks or am i thinking of someone else

Yeah, if I recall that's how he chopped down Paul Varelans.

Hackney and Tank but when Coleman came in he trumped both of them.

I was soooo excited to watch Matua fight because he practiced the art of bone breaking but then Tank spoiled that..... :(

Hackney was always fun to watch and I liked Kimo for his raw power.

For me it was Shamrock & Oleg.

Still big fan's of them to this day. Shamrock for fighting & Oleg for his movies. Dude's been in some decent flick's in relation to other MMA fighter's.

Me and my little brother were big pro wrestling fans when we were kids. We used to rent the tapes from the video stores(remember those?). I can remember Summer 95 were were excited to finally see the Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme. We walked across town to rent it but it was checked out. The clerk told us it was due back that day so we sat there for like 5-6 hours hanging out waiting on whoever rented it to bring it back. We finally got our hands on Street Fighter and went to the wrestling section to rent a WWF tape but they were all rented out. Instead of a wrestling tape we got UFC 2(those early UFC tapes were bundled into the pro wrestling section back then). We watched UFC 2 that day and were hooked. The next day we went back and rented UFC 3 and Wrestlemania X.

Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock were our favorites but we also REALLY liked Kieth Hackney. I remember we would even "play" UFC after watching those, rolling around on the ground punching each other and trying to catch each other in submissions like Royce Gracie. Through the years after that we would always rent a UFC tape with a wrestling tape, UFC 1, 4, 5, and 6 were favorites of ours. Good memories.

I remember the last big fight I can remember hearing about/seeing commercials for was UFC 22, Tito vs Frank Shamrock. By that time we kind of lost interest in the UFC, all of our favorite fighters were long gone. By 2000 we never really heard anything about UFC, I even thought it was dead at one point. I found out about Pride through some friends and really fell in love with it. Then around 2003 you started seeing the Ultimate Knockouts tapes and those were GREAT! Tito vs Chuck UFC 47 was when we got back into UFC, that was a really big deal back then, one of those MUST SEE fights.

Lol, good-times.

I think I was 19 and rented UFC 2 on tape not knowing anything about it. Royce was the obvious favorite. After that, Tank, Marco Ruas, but we all wanted to be like Royce. "A little guy can beat all these big guys?" The guy I lived with ended up fighting in WEC and UFC. True story.

Tank was wild back then.

For whatever reasons I also enjoyed Mark Hall.

MV5BMjExNjczODQyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODMxMzMzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

I think Belfort was the first guy I was really a fan off and Gary Goodridge

For me it was Shamrock & Oleg.

Still big fan's of them to this day. Shamrock for fighting & Oleg for his movies. Dude's been in some decent flick's in relation to other MMA fighter's.

Lol, good-times.

God bless whoever that video store clerk was, letting a couple of 9-10 year old kids rent some bareknuckle blood sport "FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY" tapes. Pretty sure we rented Faces of Death a few times from that same store. Haha. Good times indeed. 90's ruled.

Don Frye. He was like Magnum PI on fucking roids.

And Shamrock of course. Dude was ripped and scary.

Tito, Randleman, Bas, Williams, Pat, Newton, BJ

Back