Old UFC fans

Judogene

White Belt
Reaction score
when UFC first came out who were your favorite fighters? Dan Severn was my favorite, Oleg Taktarov, Tank were my three favorite fighters to watch

when UFC first came out who were your favorite fighters? Dan Severn was my favorite, Oleg Taktarov, Tank were my three favorite fighters to watch

Sssssssssure.

You were on the ground floor with UFC when it first started.

akebono, zuluzinho, takayama, hong man choi and bob sapp.... mythological beasts right there

At first it was Scott Morris, cuz he was a Ninja.. I was 14.. I thought Ninjas were unbeatable.. Well, Pat Smith basically killed him, and spoiled everything for me. Keith Hackney was my man after that!

Always rooted for Royce too.. Until Saku came along!!!!

At first it was Scott Morris, cuz he was a Ninja.. I was 14.. I thought Ninjas were unbeatable.. Well, Pat Smith basically killed him, and spoiled everything for me. Keith Hackney was my man after that!

Always rooted for Royce too.. Until Saku came along!!!!
Hackney was fun, loved the fact there was no real plans just duo what you stop win or lose

Hackney was fun, loved the fact there was no real plans just duo what you stop win or lose

Hackney gets a bad rap for the Joe Son incident, but if you actually watch him fight, the guy had good movement and heavy hands! I think Royce said Hackney it harder than anyone else, and it felt like cold water exploded out his head or something! hah!

Hackney, Severn, Frank & Ken Shamrock, Coleman, Goodridge

Who remembers the old UFC video game on Playstation? The one that had Tito Ortiz on the cover ground & pounding some guy next to the fence.

Hackney gets a bad rap for the Joe Son incident, but if you actually watch him fight, the guy had good movement and heavy hands! I think Royce said Hackney it harder than anyone else, and it felt like cold water exploded out his head or something! hah!

I don't know much about Hackney outside of his fights, but he definitely seemed like one of those 80s/90s American karate dudes who were all about breaking 20 bricks in one closed-fist strike.

I believe the Russian bear has passed away. You can see him sometimes in bit parts in movies. I loved the first couple of UFCs. I wish someone would come up with something similar and put it on. I loved it. Renco! Pat Smith, Dan and Royce of course. I liked the guy from Brazil that stomped feet. Tough guy that was a lot of fun to watch. Forget his name?

Hackney, Severn, Frank & Ken Shamrock, Coleman, Goodridge

Who remembers the old UFC video game on Playstation? The one that had Tito Ortiz on the cover ground & pounding some guy next to the fence.
i had that game

I don't know much about Hackney outside of his fights, but he definitely seemed like one of those 80s/90s American karate dudes who were all about breaking 20 bricks in one closed-fist strike.

Outside of his fights he ran a heating and air company!

I believe the Russian bear has passed away. You can see him sometimes in bit parts in movies. I loved the first couple of UFCs. I wish someone would come up with something similar and put it on. I loved it. Renco! Pat Smith, Dan and Royce of course. I liked the guy from Brazil that stomped feet. Tough guy that was a lot of fun to watch. Forget his name?
Pedro Rizzo?

Sherdog's early internet clip of Vitor Belfort. All grainy and shit. Was awesome.

Back