Old tweets reveal conservatives decide their positions based solely on opposing Obama

First of all, the magazine that called Obama the greatest President of the last 100 years is not slightly right leaning. Secondly, they were very critical of this yesterday.

I missed that one. Can you cite? I'm skeptical.

No, this is not political posturing, if it was dems would be toeing the party line.. They aren't. Are you really suggesting that guys who helped plan the 9/11 attacks pose no threat to anyone? really?

Republicans are toeing the party line. Democrats are mostly wondering what the heck this is all about, except the most right-leaning Democratic senator on foreign policy.

Were these tweeters part of a larger state sanctioned push to rewrite this history officially? You know, part of the ministry of truth?

I think you are really watering down the concept.

Novel escape! So your view is that effective propaganda is only a problem if it is done by the gov't. OK. I hope you're consistent about that. The Tweeters aren't the ones doing the rewriting, you realize. They're the ones completely falling for it. Comparable to regular people living in Nazi Germany who bought the changing history of Soviet/Nazi relations.

Novel escape! So your view is that effective propaganda is only a problem if it is done by the gov't. OK. I hope you're consistent about that. The Tweeters aren't the ones doing the rewriting, you realize. They're the ones completely falling for it. Comparable to regular people living in Nazi Germany who bought the changing history of Soviet/Nazi relations.

Man, you are hard to make sense of. You're jumping all over the map.

TS is right but this happens on both sides.. the MSNBC types are every bit as bad as the Fox News types.

It's not being covered in the same way. Come on.

Unless they're reporting completely different facts then your issue is that people might have different opinions on those facts? And as far as I know, everyone is looking into the legality of the methodology and everyone is looking into the circumstances of Bergdahl's desertion.

There's no partisan divide on the facts of this story. Every difference of opinion isn't because some people are being led by the nose while everyone else is being rational. The facts are what they are. Some people think those facts didn't warrant the action taken - that's in both parties.

Cite an example from the other side.

Here are a couple:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS...eny-hoyer-tune-now-supports/story?id=16323458

The day after President Obama voiced support for gay marriage, reversing the policy he established as a candidate for top office, House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer released a statement announcing his own change of heart on the issue.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/doma-gay-marriage-democrats/2013/06/27/id/512285/

Democrats in the House and Senate have been quick to applaud the Supreme Court's decision striking down the Defense of Marriage Act

And even some Democrats (Hillary and Lynch) have changed their tune on the Bergdahl thing. Was that "based solely on opposing Obama"?

And yet another example, for those wanting to see the other side doing it, look no further than Cindy Sheehan.

Where'd she disappear to after a Democrat took office? :rolleyes:

Either she changed her tune, or the media (and/or Democrats) abandoned her.

Last edited:
Ok, maybe they're "flip-flopping" for obviously political reasons, but changing one's mind isn't a fucking crime and it shouldn't be treated that way. It takes greater strength to openly admit when you're wrong. That's not what these people are doing, I don't think, but just throwing out accusations of "flip-flopping" without proper context is toxic.

Besides that, it was a clearly obvious ploy to cover up the VA scandal and Obama even ended up letting 5 Guantanamo prisoners go back to their countries.

The only thing that these people know or care about is what the RW hacks on radio and television tell them to.

Are you telling me those people can't think for themselves, they have to be told what is right and wrong and have no solid, set in stone opinion unless its absolutely preached by RW leaders??

BpTvX5sCYAAHTV5.png

BpTsx8sCEAEMvsp.jpg

BpTt2mmCIAA-2xn.jpg

BpTvWpUIAAAZdJM.png

BpUBPRWIIAALde6.png

The crap people subscribe to. I can't even get through it.

Phisher said:
The only thing that these people know or care about is what the RW hacks on radio and television tell them to.

Like I said, Hillary Clinton and Stephen Lynch (both DEMOCRATS) have changed their tune as well.

You saying they're controlled by RW hacks telling when what to say and do?

Didn't think so.

So they supported the release of a POW and now, two years later, with much more information, they've changed their minds?

Also, the exact kind of shit would've happened if Twitter was around the length of Bush's time in office. And it'll happen with the next president regardless of party. Partisan politics isn't news.

I know people who oppose anything Obama does even when it's something their beloved Bush did. I also know folks who hated Bush but love his policies under Obama. We can do without these kinds of morons.

Are you telling me those people can't think for themselves, they have to be told what is right and wrong and have no solid, set in stone opinion unless its absolutely preached by RW leaders??

1) Hillary Clinton and Stephen Lynch both changed their tune on Bergdahl. So that kinda blows that theory out of the water. Unless you're into double standards.

2) See my earlier post about all of these Democrats that change their tune on gay marriage, only because Obama started to support it.

1) Hillary Clinton and Stephen Lynch both changed their tune on Bergdahl. So that kinda blows that theory out of the water. Unless you're into double standards.

2) See my earlier post about all of these Democrats that change their tune on gay marriage, only because Obama started to support it.

It's simple pot calling the kettle black partisan politics. Round and round we go. Meanwhile things of actual consequence go by the wayside.

Back