Old tweets reveal conservatives decide their positions based solely on opposing Obama

The mainstream media's primary function is to act as a tool to influence the mass consciousness; so it's no surprise that it accomplishes that goal quite often.

That being said, sometimes stories have developments that can alter a person's judgement of the issue. I'd prefer people change their minds when it is necessary to, rather than remain rigid and stick to their initial take on it, no matter what.

I truly hate the "sheep" crap, and it was basically trolling the conservatives, so I changed the thread title in order to simply & accurately reflect the story.

I truly hate the "sheep" crap, and it was basically trolling the conservatives, so I changed the thread title in order to simply & accurately reflect the story.

New rules- The mild flaming exception is gone and from this point on, xenophobic remarks, flaming another poster, racism of any kind and trolling will be dealt with just like every other forum.

HMM

Hello welcome to planet Earth, that's what all politicians do. We need to school the entire populace before they can vote. :icon_lol:

What we need to do is narrow the leaders down to dependability and ability. We are facing many challenges in the US right now. Which politicians are absolutely dominating their states with what we need to improve the country are the only people that should be considered. The problem is every time a Democrat or Republican is voted in no matter what state they tend to only favor those particular states that elected them when evaluating their plans. In truth America is not united instead it is divided. Don't worry though the "We the People" movement shall solve this mental deficiency.

Last edited:
Take the tweets in the original post...

An honest person would have started by saying, I was wrong about this soldier....looks like he was a deserter etc...

Rather than using him as convenient fodder to attack Obama.

This is once again, another perfect example of "thanks Obama.."

And I'm not even of a fan of this presidency.

I have no issue with pointing out how everything has a blame Obama subtext but that's different from hypocrisy.

Weren't you mocking IDL earlier in this thread?

IDL invokes Orwell (and 1984 in particular) frequently, but it's almost always inappropriately (and incidentally to defend positions that Orwell would have opposed). This is a classic example, and he's nowhere to be found.

You haven't made the case for the abuse of trust. Both caring about a pow as well as turning on that pow depending on the facts make logical sense.

They're abusing that trust by pushing putting the GOP's needs above an honest search for truth. I guess it's not a realistic hope, but I'd really like to see people put accuracy ahead of partisanship, and doing so does not require abandoning your values or opinions.

Sooo.... what is your point? Even Time Magazine and Feinstein are turning on Obama for this massive failure

IDL invokes Orwell (and 1984 in particular) frequently, but it's almost always inappropriately (and incidentally to defend positions that Orwell would have opposed). This is a classic example, and he's nowhere to be found.

They're abusing that trust by pushing putting the GOP's needs above an honest search for truth. I guess it's not a realistic hope, but I'd really like to see people put accuracy ahead of partisanship, and doing so does not require abandoning your values or opinions.

How are they abusing anyone's trust? Mainstream media is covering the hell out of this story, not just right wing news sources. CNN, MSNBC, etc. are all spending hours on it. It's on the front page of Wash Po., NYT, etc.

Are those sources putting the GOP's needs above an honest search for truth? They're all reporting pretty much the exact same story about Bergdahl and about how Obama went about securing his release.

How are they abusing anyone's trust? Mainstream media is covering the hell out of this story, not just right wing news sources. CNN, MSNBC, etc. are all spending hours on it. It's on the front page of Wash Po., NYT, etc.

Are those sources putting the GOP's needs above an honest search for truth? They're all reporting pretty much the exact same story about Bergdahl and about how Obama went about securing his release.

It's not being covered in the same way. Come on.

It's not being covered in the same way. Come on.

Jack, Time Magazine blasted this incident. Time Magazine is one of the worst offenders when it comes to outright Obama hero worship, and even they're not willing to try to spin this. There are to types of outrage in this country when it comes to this sort of thing. Outrage for the purpose of political posturing, and actual outrage when somting gets serious F'd up. Benghazi was political posturing. This is a real life F up.

Jack, Time Magazine blasted this incident. Time Magazine is one of the worst offenders when it comes to outright Obama hero worship, and even they're not willing to try to spin this.

What the heck are you talking about? First, Time Magazine is pretty blandly centrist. Slight right lean. Second, they didn't "blast" the incident. The GOP was more organized in its response so they got better messaging, but Time gave a fairly balanced presentation. Here's their latest:

http://time.com/2819645/bergdahl-terrorist-hostage-pow/

There are to types of outrage in this country when it comes to this sort of thing. Outrage for the purpose of political posturing, and actual outrage when somting gets serious F'd up. Benghazi was political posturing. This is a real life F up.

This is totally outrage for the purpose of political posturing. Does anyone think that this affects anyone's life except Bergdahl and his family's?

Are you telling me that people supported getting the soldier back before they found out he was a deserter and possible traitor, but aren't in favor since the details are coming out about him and the prisoners swapped?

Shocking???

Yeah, not the best example for the TS to have used.

Hi Jack, trolling as usual I see.

Hi Jack, trolling as usual I see.

How? Do you not see how relevant this is to 1984? You're not noticing it because your sympathies are with the people flipping like that (and the people essentially changing history).

The right wing is just one giant human centipede.

But homosexuals are more likely to be left wing.
250203130ff5cc2f9629672af027f49a.gif

How? Do you not see how relevant this is to 1984? You're not noticing it because your sympathies are with the people flipping like that (and the people essentially changing history).

So this is what you think Orwell was talking about with government agencies altering history for the masses?

So this is what you think Orwell was talking about with government agencies altering history for the masses?

This is an example of the exact sort of history alteration that inspired him (the complete changes in history that resulted from changing relationships between the USSR and Nazi Germany--though they were bitter rivals at first, when they signed their pact, they both pretended that they were always allies, and then when the Germans broke it, they both pretended that they were always enemies).

What the heck are you talking about? First, Time Magazine is pretty blandly centrist. Slight right lean. Second, they didn't "blast" the incident. The GOP was more organized in its response so they got better messaging, but Time gave a fairly balanced presentation. Here's their latest:?

First of all, the magazine that called Obama the greatest President of the last 100 years is not slightly right leaning. Secondly, they were very critical of this yesterday.

This is totally outrage for the purpose of political posturing. Does anyone think that this affects anyone's life except Bergdahl and his family's

No, this is not political posturing, if it was dems would be toeing the party line.. They aren't. Are you really suggesting that guys who helped plan the 9/11 attacks pose no threat to anyone? really?

This is an example of the exact sort of history alteration that inspired him (the complete changes in history that resulted from changing relationships between the USSR and Nazi Germany--though they were bitter rivals at first, when they signed their pact, they both pretended that they were always allies, and then when the Germans broke it, they both pretended that they were always enemies).

Were these tweeters part of a larger state sanctioned push to rewrite this history officially? You know, part of the ministry of truth?

I think you are really watering down the concept.

Back