"old school" moves/tactics

shs101

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Whats your favorite old school techniques/tactics that still work but are generally underused. Got the idea from working with a older boxing trainer at my gym yesterday and he was showing a way to counter and turn a guy, he claims it was old school but very effective still. Thought it was interesting so was wondering what things yous have to share? whether it be kickboxing/boxing doesnt matter

Whats your favorite old school techniques/tactics that still work but are generally underused. Got the idea from working with a older boxing trainer at my gym yesterday and he was showing a way to counter and turn a guy, he claims it was old school but very effective still. Thought it was interesting so was wondering what things yous have to share? whether it be kickboxing/boxing doesnt matter

foot stomps

Blowing my nose on my clinching partners. Biting fingers off. Beating up women that threaten my alpha status. Old School.

Don't know if you'd consider it "old school" but punching/kicking people in the tricep, especially when they jab.

hitting in the arm was a tactic favored by rocky marciano,to weaken the arm and perhaps take away its power!! very cool ...you guys should check out jack dempseys book championship fighting ..from the 1950's can find it free online

this works? never been done to me. Maybe ill try it on someone

If you do it right and hit the radial nerve, you can instantly give someone a dead arm. I know it sounds like Bullshido nerve point stuff but it does work.

It's essentially a really hard leg kick, but on the arm and since most people aren't conditioned that well on the triceps it can be quite effective.

The best way is to uppercut just above the elbow when their arm is out after a jab, or if you are fast, flexible enough, flick a front kick up and jam the ball of your foot/toes into the triceps. Or armpit, that hurts like hell, too.

this works? never been done to me. Maybe ill try it on someone

hmmm...my coach told me about this once but he also said it took ages. I'll give it another go in sparring after new year's but won't advise it in a 3 round amateur match lol.

1-Osoto gari
2- front kick to gonads
3- chasse bas savate kick

Trapfighting elbow to the back of the head being held down: Made famous by Paul Varelans in the old days of UFC when he knocked out Cal Worsham at UFC 6.

Shifting punches/kicks
Hidden head butts
shoulder bump
Elbow gunting
jabbing the chest
flicker jab
philly shell/crab defence
Teep kick
going under the leg check
stepping knees aka uberknees
lifting guys with uppercuts

Last edited:
It's not ''old school'' but the worst I ever did was to do bodybuilding poses and Philly Shell in between assaults during MT sparring session. Let's just say the intencity turned up fast.

Back