Old school Jon Jones fight videos

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
jon+jones+wallpaper+ufc+mma.jpg]

Saturday will soon be upon us, and once again we will watch the dominant LHW champion, Jon Jones, attempt to defend his belt. In Daniel Cormier, he is facing his toughest challenge to date. Both remain undefeated (Hamill was getting destroyed, lets face it) and are at the top of their game among the best in the world.

Jon is now ranked # 1 P4P, and it's easy to see why.. his resume is currently the best in MMA with wins over current and past legends. Not only does he hold these wins, but he has won them in spectacular fashion, with unorthodox striking and an exciting style that is always fun to watch, even if you're a hater.

In preparation for the fights on Saturday, I decided I would re-watch all the Jones and Cormier fights, just to pumped me up for the main event. To me, this is much better than all the trash-talk shit going on. Who cares what they have to say, I'm interested in what they do in the cage and what better way to fulfill this thirst than to dwell on the previous victories of these elite fighters?

Anyways, if you guys decide to do the same awesome, I can't really share all the fight videos through legal means I encourage all to purchase Fight Pass from UFC so you can enjoy these great fights. But what I can do, is share some old school fight videos from Jon Jones, and I hope you all enjoy em!

Who would of thought at the time of these, that we were looking at the next # 1 P4P champion? Maybe some, I sure thought it in his first UFC appearances. These are great as well. He fought 7 times in 2008, often times very soon after the last fight. If he fought as often as he did when he debuted, I'd be a very happy man.

Here is the professional debut of Jonny Bones:

Awesome very quick KO:

A few more:

Got to say, I'm really enjoying these fights and from the # of views it seems not too many people have seen these. So enjoy them, and feel free to post any more you can find!

Can't say I've ever seen a more dominant debut, crazy sheeeit.

I randomly came across this video the other day, it's Jones at the 2008 Notheastern Grapplers challenge. Also found some video of him wrestling in high school that was moderately interesting.

Last edited:
I randomly came across this video the other day, it's Jones at the 2008 Notheastern Grapplers challenge. Also found some video of him wrestling in high school that was moderately interesting.

http://youtu.be/AhrBuzdDh7U

You can embed Youtube videos by using tags if you didn't know

Just put the "AhrBuzdDh7U" in between [*yt] and [*/yt] * just take away the *'s

Good stuff, though. Never really thought about looking up old stuff like that, which I'm sure Cormier has TONS of. Wrestling championships etc. He has enough credentials, no doubt.

You can embed Youtube videos by using tags if you didn't know

Just put the "AhrBuzdDh7U" in between [*yt] and [*/yt] * just take away the *'s

Good stuff, though. Never really thought about looking up old stuff like that, which I'm sure Cormier has TONS of. Wrestling championships etc. He has enough credentials, no doubt.

Thanks for the tip, never embedded before. The grappling was interesting, Jones was clearly still mainly a wrestler at that point but the athleticism is clear.

Anyways there are some free UFC fights on youtube, you can find em just by searching "free fight ufc jon jones" etc.

Here's a free one, him winning the belt:

As a Shogun fan, hard to watch. But just makes it that much more epic.

lol at the announcer calling him cocky in his debut, original sherbro right there.

lol at the announcer calling him cocky in his debut, original sherbro right there.

Thought that was stupid lol. *THROWS A SUPLEX*

"wow, he's cocky"

Deym, suplexing a fat lard. Impressive

lol, yeah he probably could of done really anything to the poor guy he wanted to.

However hard to tell when a guy is 0-0 that he's gunna be the future # 1 guy. So looked more impressive than it actually is.

Honestly for how much hate the guys gets, without a Jon Jones in the MMA/UFC world things wouldn't be as great. We'd have the LHW belt being tossed over every second fight or so and things being evenly matched across the board.

MMA needs dominant champs, it makes things more interesting I find.

Nice post TS.

1st vid: Man that guy went to 0-3. Wonder if he hung it up. Jesus, that was definitely proto-Jones and he still gave the dude an asswhippin'.

2: Damn. I know it was a nobody but Jones cracked him hard.

3: lol, this shit is starting to look unfair and the worst part is Jones still isn't even training for real yet. He's fighting like once a month.

4: Ouch.

Back