Old School Fight Shorts?

Uchi Mata

Preaching the gospel of heel hooks and left kicks
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone rock the old school tight vale tudo shorts? I've been thinking about getting some just to have a backup to my Sprawl boardshorts and to wear under my gi at tournaments, plus it would be amusing... but I can't find any Hunter shorts anywhere. That's the brand I was looking for because they're classic and the Bad Boys are just a little weird with the eyes on the ass. Does anyone know where I can get some Hunters, or if not, what kind would you recommend?

let me step up my squat and hamstring game, then ill rock the Vale tudos.. lol

http://www.valetudoshorts.com/

anyone know why these are banned from ibjjf? i know you can wear them under the board shorts.

They're banned? That's silly. They're not 'less safe' than board shorts. What's the IBJJF afraid of?

They're banned? That's silly. They're not 'less safe' than board shorts. What's the IBJJF afraid of?

"Men are permitted the use of shorts or trunks of elastic fabric (clings to body), so long as they are worn under the
regulation shorts."

nbd you can wear them at naga or GQ. saw a dude at my last naga event who only wore VT shorts and wrestling shorts.

Ugh, please don't. Nobody wants to see that, dude.

Anyone rock the old school tight vale tudo shorts? I've been thinking about getting some just to have a backup to my Sprawl boardshorts and to wear under my gi at tournaments, plus it would be amusing... but I can't find any Hunter shorts anywhere. That's the brand I was looking for because they're classic and the Bad Boys are just a little weird with the eyes on the ass. Does anyone know where I can get some Hunters, or if not, what kind would you recommend?

- I like the Rudel ones.
1999_rudel_sports_short_mma__suplex_preto_5.jpg

Edit:Just got my yellow belt.

You-Think-This-Is-A-Game-Cat-Meme.png

I had an old pair of Hunter shorts from a few years back. Gave them to a friend since they didn't fit me anymore. They haven't been made for awhile, or I'd own another pair.

I own a few pair of Vale Tudo shorts and a couple pair of spats personally. I love them to death. Once you get over your insecurities they're incredibly comfortable.

If I'm at a new gym and they've never seen them before there's always remarks like "I'm not rolling with you tonight!" It literally lasts for one or two comments and never heard again.

Wear them with confidence and you wont get second looks.

I got some vitamins and minerals, but the logo peeled off after the first wash. Maybe there's a reason those old school companies didn't make it lol

Ugh, please don't. Nobody wants to see that, dude.

Perhaps you didn't read my 'to wear under my gi at tournaments' comment. I'd wear them in the gym for no-gi if my board shorts weren't clean, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I find them a little off putting myself, though it's not that big of a deal.

I wear these for no-gi and wrestling a lot of the time. Partly because they make me look sexy as fuck, and partly because I kept getting people's toes caught in my board-shorts when trying to pass the guard.

I don't know why anyone has an issue with Vale Tudo shorts. I think they're cool. Then again, I started in Muay Thai, where we wear these:

saiyok2.jpg

So I guess I'm conditioned to accept a pretty significant level of gheyness in shorts.

gay shorts like that are banned at my gym... lol the instructor goes over it to new people, it's pretty hilarious actually

Back