Old School Batman comic shows him training Boxing and Jujitsu!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Goddamn! This is from the 1940s and yet Bruce Wayne was training and teaching Robin about boxing and jujitsu.

Robin_s_Training_medium.jpg

Think about it man! This is the super cold comic and despite all kinds of martial arts out there. Bruce Wayne is training in the two most PROMINENT styles of MMA!

Whoever was writing back then knew their martial arts.

That is pretty badass. Batman was always the GOAT. No super powers, just stealth and martial arts. (And a shitload of expensive billionare gadgets)

Batman the original mma goat.
1940s batman easily beats prime Cain and Fedor.

That is pretty badass. Batman was always the GOAT. No super powers, just stealth and martial arts. (And a shitload of expensive billionare gadgets)

True and did you know that before Bruce Wayne/DC, there was a villain named Bat-Man who was an athlete and all around badass?

The Bat-Man was a one time pulp fiction magazine villain who was known for all kinds of guerrilla tactics but got killed in the mid-30s. Years later Bruce Wayne was born. May not be the original batman but he is the most legendary!

that'd be Traditional JJ though not BJJ

Who wins -

Batman w/prep vs. The Avengers + full UFC roster ?

Damn, Batman would’ve known Jiu Jitsu at UFC 1. If he was in the tourney, he prob would’ve tapped Royce Gracie and the Gracie jui jitsu legacy wouldn’t even exist today.

that'd be Traditional JJ though not BJJ

Traditional jujitsu was pretty goddamn legit. Judo was created because jujitsu was too brutal. That being said I think I understand what your saying. Todays modern Japanese jujitsu is pretty much pussified. Its no good but in the 1940s, it was very legit and respectable. They had ground/newaza and stand up like judo.

Don't forget, people had great pride in their art back in the day. Asian martial arts in America had to be legit because personal pride was on the line. It was because of the martial arts crazed that you ended up with so many flakey stuff.

and yet he never got inside BatGirl's panties
3d353d8a2a7bebb61427510f0228a010--batman--batman-logo.jpg

shame
looked like hoe was belted and ret to go

Canonically, Batman had mastered 127 martial arts.

Before Bruce Lee, there was Bruce Wayne. Literally.

That must be how he learned to throw the Bat-a-rang like he does.

robin_s_training_medium-jpg.708483

Featherweight Champ? Thats like saying as tough as any WMMA contender..

The sad paranoid orphan boy routine gets old quickly.

Traditional jujitsu was pretty goddamn legit. Judo was created because jujitsu was too brutal. That being said I think I understand what your saying. Todays modern Japanese jujitsu is pretty much pussified. Its no good but in the 1940s, it was very legit and respectable. They had ground/newaza and stand up like judo.

Don't forget, people had great pride in their art back in the day. Asian martial arts in America had to be legit because personal pride was on the line. It was because of the martial arts crazed that you ended up with so many flakey stuff.
I trained 7 years in Traditional JJ ( Tsutsumi Hozan Ryu) an old traditional system under a guy called Jan( Shihan) DeJong. He had a huge following in Europe as well as Australia. A huge following not because he was the equivalent of one of these dodgy ' black belt in 3 month ' systems but because it was a long and very thorough system and he was the consummate professional and regarded as one of the best JJ practitioners there was, even trained the Australian SAS as one point.
I was more pointing out that the OP was saying something about prominent styles in MMA but judging by the comic picture it would have been referring to Japanese-traditional JJ not BJJ.
I agree with you though that it is pretty legit, but it needs to be trained well or it wont be as effective as it could, like a lot of martial arts theres a bit of fluff in there but in the high belts gradings theres some pretty full on techniques.
Sorry about the reminiscing, just thought Id clarify

Back