Old Ronda Interview where she mentions wanting to fight Nunes

CPH

street lethal
@Gold
Reaction score
The video was filmed sometime between her first (Gomes) and second (Tweet) fights in early in 2011.

Nunes was 6-1 at the time but still just an inexperienced brawler. I'm guessing that Ronda would have smoked her back then, which might have changed the course of history...

BONUS: Interview features a few seconds of Ronda hitting mitts with "amazing coach" Edmond Tarverdian. ...This is where she mentions being a little bored with always doing the same judo drills and claims that striking is currently her favorite training segment.

recommended soundtrack for this interview:

Back in 2010 I said Nunes would be champ... But Rousey would have beaten her back then.

Nunes needed the loss to Cat - she went hardcore with her training and became the fighter she is now because of it.

ronda just had the perfect skillset to reck these inexperienced women. just like royce did. now that they all train jiu jitsu and judo her jig is up.

I like how he mentions Gina, Cyborg but she only mentions wanting to fight everybody but Cyborg.

Back in 2010 I said Nunes would be champ... But Rousey would have beaten her back then.

Nunes needed the loss to Cat - she went hardcore with her training and became the fighter she is now because of it.
Ronda wouldn't survive the beating Nunes gave Cat. She'd beat Ronda that night imo

Ronda wouldn't survive the beating Nunes gave Cat. She'd beat Ronda that night imo
I dont think so. There was so much clinching its hard to see Ronda not getting the takedown... That mystique and all. The puzzle wasnt solved back then and Amanda was still green... Then again we all know what happens now when Ronda gets hit in the face.

I thought Amanda was going to beat Cat but she got dominated. Since then she's been unstoppable. Was a great fight!

I like how he mentions Gina, Cyborg but she only mentions wanting to fight everybody but Cyborg.

I thought that at first but notice the date: Ronda was 1-0 at that point. Her talking about 6-1 Nunes was pretty ballsy with that in mind. But again: Nunes was still green as hell, which became evident when she fought Davis later that year.

Back