Old news; but remember that Misha Cirkunov vs Volkan Oezdemir fight? I have a burning question

ClueChap

don't let the belt fool ya boi
@Orange
Reaction score
so I didn’t have sherdog back then and none of my friends or family are into ufc so I had no one to discuss this with, but what did you guys think about oezdemirs win? Literally landed a wimpy little punch to like the side/back of the head & misha cirkunov just dropped and the fight ended like so quick what was everyone’s thoughts on that? Cause I was baffled when I was watching it like idk did he dive? Or did oezdemir genuinely hit a spot that just dropped misha, it just seemed like such an insignificant punch to me, what was everyone’s thought on that? Curious

He obviously hit a spot .

Do you know a story of a failed giant ship engine ?

A giant ship engine failed. The ship’s owners tried one expert after another, but none of them could figure but how to fix the engine.

Then they brought in an old man who had been fixing ships since he was a young. He carried a large bag of tools with him, and when he arrived, he immediately went to work. He inspected the engine very carefully, top to bottom.

Two of the ship’s owners were there, watching this man, hoping he would know what to do. After looking things over, the old man reached into his bag and pulled out a small hammer. He gently tapped something. Instantly, the engine lurched into life. He carefully put his hammer away. The engine was fixed!

A week later, the owners received a bill from the old man for ten thousand dollars.

“What?!” the owners exclaimed. “He hardly did anything!”

So they wrote the old man a note saying, “Please send us an itemized bill.

The man sent a bill that read:

Tapping with a hammer………………….. $ 2.00

Knowing where to tap…………………….. $ 9,998.00

Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort makes all the difference!

If I remember it was right behind the ear and it knocked his head into the fence Also Oezdemir has shown the ability to ko people with short punches like in the Manuwa fight.

A giant ship engine failed. The ship’s owners tried one expert after another, but none of them could figure but how to fix the engine.

Then they brought in an old man who had been fixing ships since he was a young. He carried a large bag of tools with him, and when he arrived, he immediately went to work. He inspected the engine very carefully, top to bottom.

Two of the ship’s owners were there, watching this man, hoping he would know what to do. After looking things over, the old man reached into his bag and pulled out a small hammer. He gently tapped something. Instantly, the engine lurched into life. He carefully put his hammer away. The engine was fixed!

A week later, the owners received a bill from the old man for ten thousand dollars.

Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort makes all the difference!
<mma4>
I enjoyed the story, thank you

16WiSUI.gif
A gif can provide a base for the fruitful and reasonable discourse that is about to commence!

How likely is it really in your mind that he took a dive. I mean really

God damn I've never seen that before. Must have hit the perfect spot like somebody mentioned.

I think I get the message you’re trying to convey :’) but I genuinely just wanted to know the answer to this question as it’s been bothering me ever since it happened loool & idk why but I just find that hard to believe a stupid as it sounds, I mean it literally had 0 force behind it

I completely get what you’re saying & I know I seem like an idiot but it just looked like there was absolutely nothing on it & it just confused the fuck out of me when I watched it

I think I get the message you’re trying to convey :’) but I genuinely just wanted to know the answer to this question as it’s been bothering me ever since it happened loool & idk why but I just find that hard to believe a stupid as it sounds, I mean it literally had 0 force behind it
I mean it at least had Volkan's arm strength behind it and it hit him unexpectedly and behind the ear; two things that supposedly contribute greatly to a one punch ko

Yeah, it looks weird. But Oezdemir has that short range power, and you don't need much if you're hitting someone behind the ear.

I mean it at least had Volkan's arm strength behind it and it hit him unexpectedly and behind the ear; two things that supposedly contribute greatly to a one punch ko
But it really didn’t have any strength behind it, I mean I guess he just hit right place, it was just the lack of power that baffled me

didnt dude get duffed in the back of the head?

Not gonna lie that sounds like something I heard off Suits, except the guy said "You don't pay the plumber for banging on the pipes, you pay him for knowing where to bang". Pretty cool line <5>

But it really didn’t have any strength behind it, I mean I guess he just hit right place, it was just the lack of power that baffled me
I'm just saying how hard can you swing your arm? Especially a guy that is known to have ko power I think an arm punch is enough with the addition of placement and the suprise factor. Clearly the punch had more force than it initially seemed. But I really don't know

<mma4>
<Dana05>
<{titihmm}>

I'm just saying how hard can you swing your arm? Especially a guy that is known to have ko power I think an arm punch is enough with the addition of placement and the suprise factor. Clearly the punch had more force than it initially seemed. But I really don't know
Yeah fair enough man, I mean I obviously can’t gauge how much force was generetaed through a tv screen, I guess you’re right, thanks pal

At the time Cirkunov was complaining about his pay and was a heavy favourite going into the fight, so it would have definitely made sense. I think it was just a perfectly placed punch though

Yeah it looks like a nothing shot but maybe because Cirkunov was off balance and didn't see the punch coming played a factor in it. A lot of the time it's the shots fighters don't see coming that knocks them down/out. The Manuwa punch that rocked him looked odd in real time, too, not much recoil before landing the shot. Maybe he trains in the secretive art of the Bruce Lee 1" punch.

Anyway, I want to know more about that ship. Was it the Titanic?

Back