Old man strength

Cro Cop on that revenge tour. I’d love to see

Cro Cop vs Fedor, Kongo, or Mir part 2.

I have a feeling things might go a little different.
Plus they're all roughly the same in age and shopworn-ness. Any and all of those would be good to me.

The little guy on the left here ain't too shabby.

35ml8g3.gif

Both of them should have retired long ago. Silva fighting now is pointless, the Adesanya fight was terrible. Cro Cop vs the fat MW that is Roy Nelson, was also terrible fight. Nelson should have retired years ago too.

If people keep paying for and watching this type of rubbish they'll keep putting it on.

Team sports handle old players much better, they just drop them and if they don't go into commentary you never hear of them again (unless they murder/rape someone etc......or until they die)

I don’t know, I guess still being competitive against the best in your division, or going on a 10 fight win streak?

That's the problem with Anderson, though. He's not being "competitive." He used to be one of the most competitive humans of the planet. Now he's just happy to be there. Make no mistake, Anderson still has what it takes to win from time to time... if he'd put himself out there a bit. He won't do that because he's more intent on LOOKING competitive, and lasting to the end of a fight, than actually BEING competitive and pulling out all the stops to win.

(Paid off for him against Brunson, sure... but that was a farce.)

People talk about GSP playing ti safe and coasting to wins... but now that Silva is playing it safe and coasting to losses, we're starting threads about "old man strength."

(As for Cro Cop, I have a feeling that he's getting some "young man strength" into that body in some way or other.)

Anyway, I like both guys. A lot. Two of my top 10 or so favourite fighters. But let's be real about what's happening, though.

Cro Cop on that revenge tour. I’d love to see

Cro Cop vs Fedor, Kongo, or Mir part 2.

I have a feeling things might go a little different.

Kongo beats Cro Cop
OTOH I think he beats Fyodor and Miranda.
If Bellator have one fight left on Fedor's contract, that's the fight to make for sure.

Is “old man strength” for real?

FemaleLeftFiddlercrab-size_restricted.gif
Its very real but doesn't apply to everyone. If you lived a mostly active lifestyle in your youth, yes you can get stronger or more powerful with age. If you sat around playing CoD and WoW with poor nutrition, you just get old.

Plus they're all roughly the same in age and shopworn-ness. Any and all of those would be good to me.
Kongo should be fighting Bader next, so Cro Cop vs. Mir 2 sounds good to me. Save Cro Cop vs. Fedor 2 for the last.

Its very real but doesn't apply to everyone. If you lived a mostly active lifestyle in your youth, yes you can get stronger or more powerful with age. If you sat around playing CoD and WoW with poor nutrition, you just get old.

Hey, I resemble that remark. My old man strength was left on the other side of the hill.

That's the problem with Anderson, though. He's not being "competitive." He used to be one of the most competitive humans of the planet. Now he's just happy to be there. Make no mistake, Anderson still has what it takes to win from time to time... if he'd put himself out there a bit. He won't do that because he's more intent on LOOKING competitive, and lasting to the end of a fight, than actually BEING competitive and pulling out all the stops to win.

(Paid off for him against Brunson, sure... but that was a farce.)

People talk about GSP playing ti safe and coasting to wins... but now that Silva is playing it safe and coasting to losses, we're starting threads about "old man strength."

(As for Cro Cop, I have a feeling that he's getting some "young man strength" into that body in some way or other.)

Anyway, I like both guys. A lot. Two of my top 10 or so favourite fighters. But let's be real about what's happening, though.
So you think Cro Cop is roiding despite being tested, and his opponents are not despite a lot of his fights being in Japan?

The guy is 44 on a 10 fight win streak in the HW division, that’s tough to do no matter who you’re fighting, if you’re not respecting that I have a very tough time believing he’s one of your all time favourites.

So you think Cro Cop is roiding despite being tested, and his opponents are not despite a lot of his fights being in Japan?

The guy is 44 on a 10 fight win streak in the HW division, that’s tough to do no matter who you’re fighting, if you’re not respecting that I have a very tough time believing he’s one of your all time favourites.

I respect it plenty. And I've always been a Cro Cop fan. I just spent an afternoon debating with a troll who started a thread about how Cro Cop was overrated and had difficulties when he entered the UFC because he was never any good.

The truth remains that his recent success is the result of him being an all time top tier HW who is wise enough to fight lesser opponents as he ages.

Both of them should have retired long ago. Silva fighting now is pointless, the Adesanya fight was terrible. Cro Cop vs the fat MW that is Roy Nelson, was also terrible fight. Nelson should have retired years ago too.

If people keep paying for and watching this type of rubbish they'll keep putting it on.

Team sports handle old players much better, they just drop them and if they don't go into commentary you never hear of them again (unless they murder/rape someone etc......or until they die)

Names are worth something.

That’s why someone like Ken Shamrock generates interest.

In one on one combat sports, old guys will always have their loyal fanbase.
Consider it a pension plan.

I respect it plenty. And I've always been a Cro Cop fan. I just spent an afternoon debating with a troll who started a thread about how Cro Cop was overrated and had difficulties when he entered the UFC because he was never any good.

The truth remains that his recent success is the result of him being an all time top tier HW who is wise enough to fight lesser opponents as he ages.
His opponents are not UFC title contenders but they’re not bums either. Beating 10 HWS in a row at 44 is pretty impressive imo.

Back