OLD GEEZERS KenFlo and Bisping #HATING on Yair/Caceres

They are lacking boxing fundamentals, I'd like to see Yair clean that up before taking on a top 10 guy.

Damn i'm not even that much of a Bisping fan, but Damn you mf'ers sound like some haters, he's not a journeyman he's a perennial contender who finally won a belt
ha, I was just exaggerating a bit

Yair has a shit ton of potential but until he does something about his terrible boxing it's just that... potential.

He also needs to turn the spam level down a little and work on actually setting up some of those pretty kicks. A powerful straight left (as he fights from southpaw) added to arsenal would do wonders for his game. As of now, any competent boxer with some power can remain patient, get into boxing range and light him up like a Christmas tree. He needs to give ppl something to fear once they get into boxing range. Backhand slaps aren't cutting it.

That being said, dude is super young and with a good camp. He's on the right path.

Wow. People saying he beats someone like Lamas are nuts...at least right now.

Winning the belt by KO isnt a fluke. Good try thougg

Lol stop it bruh

mma_ufcupsets_10.jpg

Lol stop, you're absurd.

Yair is 23, and went for broke thin the early rounds trying to make a statement out of Bruce Leroy in the opening rounds. Caceres refused to engage early and banked on Yair gassing, which he didn't.

I've been following this sport for a long time, and Yair is one of the best prospects in a while.

The active word in your posts is still "prospect". This doesn't have to be an either/or debate. Yair is definitely very good and fun to watch but real fighting aint a movie. He needs to sit down on some of his punches and pick his spots for the fancy stuff better. Right now he seems more concerned with styling on his opponents. Caceres has always been like that and it's why he's now 12-9.

Right now in post fight show on FS1.

Some quotes:

"Hurr Durr no fundamentals"

"So much dancing"

"Needs more substance"

"Too many spinning attacks"

Sounds like these two geezers with less than half the natural talent of Yair/Caceres have are pretty JELLY, no?

What say you Sherdog???

well one is the current middleweight champion of the world...so this post automatically gets thrown out the back door like a fresh pyle of steaming doo doo

Stop hating man, Yair has 10x the talent of Lamas and Bermudez put together.

He's only 23 and look how good already is, the potential on this dude is MASSIVE.

I'm a big fan of Yair but you are so high on him that it is making you delusional.

I fell asleep.. was it even a good fight? I honestly forgot there was a UFC last night for the first time in years.. only remembered once I got an update on my phone about the Cub fight... weird card.

Old Man Bisping giving these young punks the "business".

image.jpeg

I fell asleep.. was it even a good fight? I honestly forgot there was a UFC last night for the first time in years.. only remembered once I got an update on my phone about the Cub fight... weird card.

Someone made a good comparison in the fight thread. It was like watching a bad Kung Fu movie from the 70's. It was fun knowing it was real but both guys missed with the fancy stuff way more than they landed. Even when they did land, no one was ever rocked.

Rightful criticism is not "hating". Millennials...

???? Yair is 23.

BTW the only thing Bisping got from fighting a Wandy way past his prime, was a concussion and a MT clinic :D

2wn4phs.jpg
Bisping had superior cardio and would easily win a 5 rounder. You better have proof before alleging that a weakling such as Wand could ever hurt MMA royalty like the Count. Because it's a fact he didn't and you probably haven't seen the fight as a whole. Scoring a knockdown at the end of a round and hurting are two different things.

Back