OLD GEEZERS KenFlo and Bisping #HATING on Yair/Caceres

Stop hating man, Yair has 10x the talent of Lamas and Bermudez put together.

He's only 23 and look how good already is, the potential on this dude is MASSIVE.
I do think Yair has a stupendous potential for a high, high ceiling.

If Yay-Rod does clean it up and pace himself alittle better he could be a huge star only 23 years old. Thought I'd pass out before the fight then I couldn't sit still cause of his incredible style.

Does any one know if the fight broke any UFC records kick wise ???? Don't remember ever seeing that many head kicks or just kicks in general in a fight in the UFC.

They just said YAY-ROD is in hospital with foot injury right now too. That might have slowed the pace.
During the 5th I think Stann mentioned Yair had thrown over 400 strikes to that point.

For real. It was a fun matchup, they were fun to watch. It's mixed martial arts, you old clowns.

And here I was thinking I was high on Yair.

Hey man I've been lucky to follow this sport to pick up on some of the greats when they were prospects: Shogun, Cain, Moose, Stipe, etc.

I've been pretty high on Yair since he fought Charles Rosa.

Did anyone really expect this to look like Carwin vs Mir?

Right now in post fight show on FS1.

Some quotes:

"Hurr Durr no fundamentals"

"So much dancing"

"Needs more substance"

"Too many spinning attacks"

Sounds like these two geezers with less than half the natural talent of Yair/Caceres have are pretty JELLY, no?

What say you Sherdog???
No.

His "natural" talent is the very reason they're giving him constructive criticism

Stop hating man, Yair has 10x the talent of Lamas and Bermudez put together.

He's only 23 and look how good already is, the potential on this dude is MASSIVE.

No hate, but unless Yair makes some major adjustments, I see him struggling to be relevant in the top 10.

At 23 years old, KO power does not appear by magic. Yair does not hurt people nearly as much as he needs to with his strikes. He needs to make actual technical adjustments in order to get to the next level.

His upside is that he is hugely athletic, very innovative, and has the cardio of a God.

His downside is a clear lack of power and questionable wrestling ability.

Think about what a guy like Frankie Edgar would do to him. Yair was in position to get planted on his ass after missing a kick or a backfist literally dozens of times in that fight.

I don't understand how someone could disagree with them.
Basically, fans try too hard to find something that will pass as controversial, so a thread can be made about it.

Yair is a raw talent that needs fundamentals added to his game to take him to the next level

No.

His "natural" talent is the very reason they're giving him constructive criticism

Or maybe they know nothing about explosive movement because they've always moved like middle age women... No athleticism whatsoever.

KenFlo was a career long Gatekeeper and Bisping would've been too if he didn't cash this decades Serra lottery ticket.

Point is creativity and massive talent needs to be catered to differently ala BJ Penn, Jon Jones, etc.

Which one of those old punching
bags said "hurr durr". Was it Kenny?

That filthy plagiarist

Or maybe they know nothing about explosive movement because they've always moved like middle age women even prime... No athleticism whatsoever.

KenFlo was a career long Gatekeeper and Bisping would've been too if he didn't cash this decades Serra lottery ticket.
All the more reason to listen to veterans who succeeded with limited athleticism.

All the more reason to listen to veterans who succeeded with limited athleticism.

As I said, guys with creativity and massive natural talent need to be catered to differently.

Look at Jon Jones. Let him unleash elbows, lateral drops, funky oblique kicks as he pleases.

If guys like KenFlo or Bisping tried coaching him he'd be throwing granny 1-2s and shooting standard telegraphed shots.

As I said, guys with creativity and massive natural talent need to be catered to differently.

Look at Jon Jones. Let him unleash elbows, lateral drops, funky oblique kicks as he pleases.

If guys like KenFlo or Bisping tried coaching him he'd be throwing granny 1-2s and shooting standard telegraphed shots.
As for Jones, he employs both high risk high reward attacks as well as fundamentals. Especially recently.

The Kenflo/Bisping coaching stuff is obviously hyperbole. They'd likely do as they advised....build a fundanental base, so that it compliments the high risk attacks.

Kenflo and Bisping arent in competition with Yair. They see a young guy that decisioned a strong journeyman in a close fight on pure TALENT, which is an anomaly. Theres tons of room for improvement, and thats where their enthusiam in giving constructive criticism to Yair comes from. It only gets harder from here.

Shit thread from a hater, Bisping and Kenflo were dropping knowledge, all TS has dropped is a deuce with this thread.

Or maybe they know nothing about explosive movement because they've always moved like middle age women... No athleticism whatsoever.

Point is creativity and massive talent needs to be catered to differently ala BJ Penn, Jon Jones, etc.
I agree that special fighters need special training. They're not football schlubs who blew an MCL and took up MMA as a hobby. Diamonds must be cut by experts. That's how you get people like Hamed, McGregor, Tommy Hearns, etc. The ones who bring something different in their bag.

As for Jones, he employs both high risk high reward attacks as well as fundamentals. Especially recently.

The Kenflo/Bisping coaching stuff is obviously hyperbole. They'd likely do as they advised....build a fundanental base, so that it compliments the high risk attacks.

Kenflo and Bisping arent in competition with Yair. They see a young guy that decisioned a strong journeyman in a close fight on pure TALENT, which is an anomaly. Theres tons of room for improvement, and thats where their enthusiam in giving constructive criticism to Yair comes from. It only gets harder from here.
You both have points. They were enthusiastic about the kid, but they kinda came off like "get off my fuckin lawn" a little bit due to the immediate criticisms. They were coming from a good place, however.

Back