Old fight - Whitehead vs Evans

CeeJay

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So I've been rewatching old TUFs for some fun and to try and see how I may have felt about certain fighters back then. Today I watched the Evans vs Whitehead fight and it looked to me like Whitehead when he took Evans down in the 3rd round (right after the 3 minute mark) impaled himself and went out for 5-7 seconds. He was just laying there and the way his arms and legs went right after the takedown made it look to me like he was unconscious. Did anyone else notice this before? It looked like the yamasaki was right on top of the action but he's not always the fastest to react, plus he was relatively green back then.

Do you know what impaled means? I hate to think about what he impaled himself on :eek: But i guess Rashad is black after all....

Do you know what impaled means? I hate to think about what he impaled himself on :eek: But i guess Rashad is black after all....

Legit lol

i have no idea what the TS means by "impale"

lol again at your post

A few eps before they did say that Shad was the only one who didn't stuff his tighty whities :D. I guess the word I was looking for was that he spiked himself though. I'm not a native English speaker so bear with me!

I've been doing a recap on Matt Hughes' career and it would be incomplete without examining his coaching on TUF. I watched this fight for the first time in a looonnnngggg time yesterday and I was struck by how terribly Whitehead performed, especially when you consider the fact he was a legit HW with a lot of good experience going into the competition. Then I started thinking about how awesome Rashad really turned out to be and what a beast wrestler he was and it made a little more sense, but Mike still had 30 pounds on him and was supposed to be a way more competent striker! He really showed nothing in this fight save for a couple of takedowns that Rashad countered quickly (and that also completely drained his gas tank). Watching Matt Hughes COMPLETELY blow his stack was pretty damn amusing, too!

Neither here nor there, but it turns out Whitehead did time for sexual assault about a decade ago, too.

The more you know, kids!!!!!!!!!!

Back