Old article claims kung fu superior than judo and jujitsu!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
How times have changed and the importance of grappling being displayed.

1975Batmankungfu.jpg

That's not an article. That's an advertisement.

If there was an ad for naked tits wrestling, it would claim to be more dangerous than an M60 machine gun.

Was it written By Steven Seagal or an Aikido school?

That´s alot of DEADLY DEATH in that ad.

<{danayeah}>

Judo and Kung Fu is quite possibly the deadliest martial arts combo that ever existed, ever.

Guns > MMA

We should all carry guns.

That's not an article. That's an advertisement.

If there was an ad for naked tits wrestling, it would claim to be more dangerous than an M60 machine gun.

TS was probably confused because nowadays there isn't much difference between ads or opinions and factual news articles. Gotta get them ad clicks!

I worked with a guy who was training at a kung fu place. The teacher did all kinds of gimmicky fake crap, like standing on one leg while 20 of his students tried to push him over but "couldn't."

This guy I knew was perfectly reasonable and intelligent in every aspect except this one. When it came to his Kung Fu, there was just no convincing him. He still believed that his teacher could beat MMA fighters but he just didn't lower himself to fighting for sport.

Crazy how smart people can be so dumb about certain things

Pfft, Tiger Claw, Dragon's Head....

They left out the most fearsome, unspoken technique of all... KITTY'S PAW!!!
A-black-cat-hissing-claws-out-about-to-attack.jpg
GettyImages-158906394-59a83d21685fbe00107ebdd0.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Yep, it was an era of confusion and misinformation. Thank God the UFC came along and answered a lot of questions..

I worked with a guy who was training at a kung fu place. The teacher did all kinds of gimmicky fake crap, like standing on one leg while 20 of his students tried to push him over but "couldn't."

This guy I knew was perfectly reasonable and intelligent in every aspect except this one. When it came to his Kung Fu, there was just no convincing him. He still believed that his teacher could beat MMA fighters but he just didn't lower himself to fighting for sport.

Crazy how smart people can be so dumb about certain things
Yeah, I talked with one of the teachers at a Kung Fu school where a friend of mine trained. Said MMA was laughable because if they were true Martial Artists they should end the fight in a matter of seconds.

So of course I asked why not enter MMA and make some cash? Same old "I won't debase myself for that" BS response.

I don't really disparage traditional martial arts as they have their place, but when the practitioners talk like they're deadly and can win any fight, I definitely have to question them about that.

Hell, this one Chinese MMA fighter decided to have Kung Fu masters defend their art literally and it didn't end well for the Kung Fu masters:

Xu Xiaodong bludgeons another kung fu ‘master’ as Chinese MMA fighter leaves 56-year-old looking like he’s trying Bird Box challenge

Back