Old age or result of smoking too much weed?

I thought the fight was entertaining as fuck, and thats the only thing I care about at the end of the day

He just looked out of shape he would have done better if he trained down to 170lbs

He didn't even deserve to be in there.

He's not even close to a pro level anymore and it's pretty clear that he's just let himself go with weed and booze. The weight class switch bullshit he pulled was unprofessional as well.

His whole crap about saying that he has to fight and has no other choice is corny as fuck as well.

Sad to watch. Nobody would think he was a professional athlete watching him now. And not because of how he looks, it's the movement.

Let's face it. Diaz looked like he was fighting at 0.5x speed.

He nearly made Askren's striking look legit

Old age? Ring rust or the result of decades of weed smoking, drinking and partying?

Nick Diaz wondered why he was fighting Lawler and not for the title. Well, now you know why Nick. Perhaps it'll sink in sometime that you're not as great as you've always thought.

His chin was fine he took every shot. Just thought "fuck this lol" and gave up

I really got geriatric vibes watching him, even when he started throwing punches it looked like some old guy doing it from instinct rather than any real intent.
tyson-jones.gif

My personal experience of a large amount of older friends and family members who've smoked puff for a long period of time is it turns people paranoid, awkward unless stoned and slows their cognitive function down.
But Diaz is not the age category I'm talking about. These are people in their 50s plus.

Take a lifetime of smoking way too much with a lifetime of winning fights because your head is so hard you can take repeated shots and keep on going. The result? An old man who isn't even 40 yet.

Conditioning was off like he didn't go through a proper camp. His boxing still looked great if a little slow. I think he would have looked a lot better if only he was a bit slimmer and better conditioned. Of course age plays a role but he could've come in better shape.

Bunch of marks here. Diaz showed up for a paycheck and never intended to even try to win. He's finished.

Exactly. He hasn't tried to win a fight in quite some time. GSP, Silva and now against Lawler. He's played the buffoon for years rather than trying to win a fight. This is why I'd never pay PPV money if all I wanted to see was a Nick Diaz fight.

he doesnt look interested in fighting anymore... he fought to survive in that cage and collect a paycheck

was rocking abit of a gut... 6 years of no fighting..

Nick had to cut a shit ton of weight just to make 185…. A 38 year old should be able to get into better shape then that, so i suspect the years of drinking booze has really taken its toll.

He basically pulled a Bob Sapp, which is fine. But anyone thinking that he looked good or "brought it " needs their head examined. He quit, don't sugar coat it.

I agree, Nicks hands looked pretty crisp for a guy that has been out for that long, albeit slow, but still solid fundamentals.
Definitely. I just rewatched the fight and Nick landed really well on Robbie. Sure he looked like a much older, diminished version, but shadows of the old Nick were still there.

He nearly made Askren's striking look legit

Quit trolling or, if you’re actually serious with that shit, please close your account now.

You guys are fucking ridiculous. Nick is 38, and hadn’t fought in 6+ years, and that was evident. But his hands actually looked really good, and he landed some beautiful shit on Robbie in rd 1. It’s like ppl just remember the visual of Nick looking older, and the finish of the fight only—and forget all the good shit that Nick showed in that fight.

I’ll agree with the assessment of Diaz’s boxing. He started off very slow, but definitely picked up the pace at the end of Round 1.

A 6-year layoff didn’t help. I’m not buying the age thing, especially since he hasn’t taken any major beating in 6 years, and there are plenty of fighters in their late 30s doing their thing.

However, Diaz hadn’t been stopped since 2007. For him to essentially quit, after taking some decent shots was a little disheartening.

This should be a lesson to all youngsters who thinks it’s cool to do drugs.

He looked like a bloated booze hound which is sad, I remember when he did t drink. He could blaze away and still function in the cage, his gut never looked so bad and that’s from drinking.

Back