Oktagonmma - muay thai/kickbox/mma mixed rules pyramids

Basically. Big mistake doing that. It's like they are trying to make this striking focused but this rule eliminates that. Either go all in on striking or do MMA.

That is a very complex question IMO. I do see your point. However, I think that takedowns are part of stand-up fighting.
Without the threat of being taken down / tripped / thrown, I think that rules artificially protect you. That is why I watch MT but don't watch KB, for example. I also don't want to watch MMA for striking, due the trash-tier level of striking in MMA on average.
I also think that the ambiguous rules about throwing in stadium MT are a problem. If you asked me what I would like to see I would unify MT/sanda/shootboxing rules. Allow all striking and allow all throws. Yes we would see more throws and clinching and sweeps but that is one of the reasons I follow MT in the first place.

I also think that if Thais had the threat of low takedowns like double legs they would practice defending against them and would develop some pretty bad ass counter knees / sprawling, so that the cost of shooting for double legs would increase.

Anyways just my 0,02 but my personal opinion is that stadium Thais will learn to adapt to pretty much any rule change.

Oktagon Underground 90 kg and 100 kg pyramids update

95480308_1281235168737708_1877707238785679360_n.jpg

5464564.jpg

World class fighters ,top prospects and young talents from Muay Thai , K1 , MMA like Tomáš Hron(Glory),Matěj Peňáz(Glory),Jan Gottvald (Oktagon) etc..

Oktagon Underground starts 16.05 20:00 CET
Okt undr 1.jpg
Incredible muay thai / kickbox fighters like Matěj Peňáz (Glory) , Matouš Kohout,Tadeáš Růžička,Jakub Klauda

UNDERGROUND #1: Guba vs. Pajtaš (70 KG)

UNDERGROUND #1: Vítovec vs. Hunanyan (90 KG)

UNDERGROUND #1: Chotěnovský vs. Krištůfek (70 KG)

UNDERGROUND #1: Salčák vs. Polívka (90 kg)

Last edited:
UNDERGROUND #1: Tesař vs. Lesák (70 KG)

UNDERGROUND #1: Peňáz vs. Hrkal (90 KG)

UNDERGROUND #1: Bahník vs. Hvězda (80 KG)

UNDERGROUND #1: Kohout vs. Ryba (80 KG)

UNDERGROUND #1: Dvořáček vs. Klauda (90 KG)

Last edited:
UNDERGROUND #1: Brichta vs. Šach (80 KG)

Main Event
UNDERGROUND #1: Le Sy vs. Růzička

UNDERGROUND #2: Mikula vs. Krivák

UNDERGROUND #2: Eliáš vs. Bartl

UNDERGROUND #2: Zátorský vs. Drábik

UNDERGROUND #2: Farkaš vs. Liška

UNDERGROUND #2: Novák vs. Paulus

UNDERGROUND #2: Paradeiser vs. Kratochvíla

UNDERGROUND #2: Tripšanský vs. Spišský

UNDERGROUND #2: Tlkanec vs. Križan

UNDERGROUND #2: Daňko vs. Tutura

UNDERGROUND #2: Pirát Krištofič vs. Benko