Oklahoma lawmakers want to ban hoodies. Really??

armbarboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/05/oklahoma-lawmaker-wants-to-ban-hoodies-in-public/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/03/hoodie-oklahoma-bill_n_6410746.html

Does that mean the KKK can no longer wear hoodies in Oklahoma?
What's next? They will try ban keeping hands in the pockets in state of Michigan in February?Only for blacks...

Oh yeh
The city of Ocala has already banned saggy pants
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-saggy-pants-city-property-article-1.1875496

I'm not a fan of this style and this "fashion" originates from prison system where inmates were advertising they were avaialble for gay sex but this story smells bad IMO

P.S.
1)Same-sex marriage in Oklahoma has been legal since October 6, 2014
Now they wanna ban hoodies
2)Florida city has banned saggy pants in July because it's disgraceful to show your underwear.
I think you know about gay marriages in Florida. Now it is legal.
Oh sure on the Miami beach nobody shows underwear..nobody

THEATRE OF THE ABSURD

the highschool i went to banned girls from wearing pants that were "to tight".

Merica gonna Merica

....................baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad timing, it's rather cold nowadays. It's like saying lets wear shorts only. :icon_lol: I think as the years go on more layers are required. You do notice a very drastic change in wind chill nowadays. Counter proposal no hoodies when record heat waves come by ..........................unless body requires heat due to some individuals having different temperature requirements.

Last edited:
Rather tardish.

We had something similar here in England, where anti-hoodie propaganda spread throughout the media at one point, but didn't extend beyond shopping centres and some other establishments banning hoods being worn up on their premises.

So if Mark Zuckerberg went to OK, he couldn't wear a hoodie.

The bill's language includes exemptions for religious garments, weather protection, safety or medical purposes, parades, Halloween celebrations, masquerade parties, "minstrel troupes," circuses, sporting groups, mascots or "other amusements or dramatic shows.

Why the exception? Aside from weather and safety, why do other non utilitarian needs get an exception; it's favoritism is what it is.

I wear a hoodie when bike riding and before and after training sometimes. Thank god I don't live in Oklahoma, cause my 35 year old ass might need to get away with robbing a 7-11 sometime soon.

Low sagging pants didn't originate from prison. That is an urban legend likely spread around by racists.

Hah! It was flannel shirts that old people targeted when I was a kid.
Bogan wear.

Don't some places ban red or blue bandannas due to gang color affiliation? Damn stupid, but not unheard of.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/05/oklahoma-lawmaker-wants-to-ban-hoodies-in-public/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/03/hoodie-oklahoma-bill_n_6410746.html

Does that mean the KKK can no longer wear hoodies in Oklahoma?
What's next? They will try ban keeping hands in the pockets in state of Michigan in February?Only for blacks...

Oh yeh
The city of Ocala has already banned saggy pants
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-saggy-pants-city-property-article-1.1875496

I'm not a fan of this style and this "fashion" originates from prison system where inmates were advertising they were avaialble for gay sex but this story smells bad IMO

P.S.
1)Same-sex marriage in Oklahoma has been legal since October 6, 2014
Now they wanna ban hoodies
2)Florida city has banned saggy pants in July because it's disgraceful to show your underwear.
I think you know about gay marriages in Florida. Now it is legal.
Oh sure on the Miami beach nobody shows underwear..nobody

THEATRE OF THE ABSURD

You do know that most states ban the wearing of masks because of the klan?

still stupid law, but I wish they would ban saggy pants. Kids look stupid and unemployable and wonder why they can only get a job at a burger joint.

....................baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad timing, it's rather cold nowadays. It's like saying lets wear shorts only. :icon_lol: I think as the years go on more layers are required. You do notice a very drastic change in wind chill nowadays. Counter proposal no hoodies when record heat waves come by ..........................unless body requires heat due to some individuals having different temperature requirements.

Ushanka-Hats-2015-2.jpg

I can see and support removing the hood when in a store if the store or any business what it that way for security, but a law banning then in general is just stupid.

So if Mark Zuckerberg went to OK, he couldn't wear a hoodie.

The bill's language includes exemptions for religious garments, weather protection, safety or medical purposes, parades, Halloween celebrations, masquerade parties, "minstrel troupes," circuses, sporting groups, mascots or "other amusements or dramatic shows.

Why the exception? Aside from weather and safety, why do other non utilitarian needs get an exception; it's favoritism is what it is.

Did I really just read "minstrel troupes"???

That's an Eglish spelling of both words what's it from?

Oklahoma has some of the most crazed politicians ever.

Rejection of facts and science is quite popular in Oklahoma. Does not shock me that they have an issue with hoodies considering they make an issue out of everything.

they should just get on with it and ban black people. its what they want.

How dare they ban hoodies, that's unconstitutional!

they should just get on with it and ban black people. its what they want.

Not just that.

Ban those who accept evolution
Ban those who are not Protestant Christians
Ban Catholics
Ban Gay's
Ban people who are pro choice
Ban anyone who supports Obamacare
Ban anyone in favor of any new gun restrictions
Ban those who accept climate change
Ban those who don't agree with Reaganomics
Ban Immigrants

Basically what there politicians are against. The people elect them for a reason

Back