Okay so lets say hypothetically Cain was affected by the altitude

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
he comes from a very experienced camp. why was it never suggested that he should get used to the altitude? wouldnt a smart camp know that he should get used to the altitude in preparation for the fight?

is lack of preparation an excuse?

Cause it is the same camp where the fighters constantly beat the shit out of each other and injure themselves.

American
Kneeblowing
Academy

he comes from a very experienced camp. why was it never suggested that he should get used to the altitude? wouldnt a smart camp know that he should get used to the altitude in preparation for the fight?

if i'm not mistaken, javier mendez tried to get cain to go to mexico several weeks before the fight and cain was the one who said he didnt need extra time to get acclimated.

if i'm not mistaken, javier mendez tried to get cain to go to mexico several weeks before the fight and cain was the one who said he didnt need extra time to get acclimated.

damn thats nuts

Not at all; the better prepared guy won. As far as I know, Velasquez never motioned for the result to be overturned. It simply highlights something he could have done to be more competitive and possibly win.

His smart camp gets him injured all the time. Melendez lucked into getting those great fighters together but can't keep them healthy and winning.

He was almost certainly effected by the altitude. I believe he was told to get their earlier. In sports there are no excuses. The result is all that matters. Excuses are for pabs on Internet forums.

Not at all; the better prepared guy won. As far as I know, Velasquez never motioned for the result to be overturned. It simply highlights something he could have done to be more competitive and possibly win.

Well said. Excuse, reason.. Cain has to analyze, find mistakes, reasons and find room for improvement.

I mean , getting his head beaten like a bobble head certainly didn't help his cardio

They were dumb and thought 2 weeks would be enough, clearly it wasnt, Werdum and some others moved camp 2 months before the fight, and they went even higher than Mexico City, to some retirement place on a mountain, that place was popular with mexican boxers before the altitude masks were popular.

maybe he could only afford (time and money-wise) to spend 2 weeks in Mexico at that particular time. not being sarcastic, the cost could add up to bring an entire camp of guys and possibly close family (wife, kids) for long duration.

but he paid the ultimate price, it's possible Werdum would still win a rematch too though based on style.

Lol if Werdum beats cain again he still ain't gonna get no respeck. It'll be like Weidman wins over Anderson, totally legit but people like to pretend otherwise.

Back