Okay, let's be honest. We didn't learn anything from the Conor/Cowboy fight.

This, He is what, 4-6 in his last ten or something like that? Lost his last three fights by KO/TKO.
I disagree, Cowboy is still a entertaining fighter but regardless of the Top 5 ranking Sherdog gives him he is a top15 not a top 5 . He should be fighting top 15’s but NOT top 5’s. The same 3 guys would have put his lights out at anytime in his career. He needs to fight guys like Hooker but the way things are going they will give him Dustin next and that just isn’t right.

we learned that conor can fight and demolish someone who was a top 15 welterweight, learned that conor is still in very good shape and precise as always, learned that he can use kicks to finish fights..
Agree with this. We learned that Conor didn’t look like shit, but we didn’t learn exactly how good he is.

I disagree, Cowboy is still a entertaining fighter but regardless of the Top 5 ranking Sherdog gives him he is a top15 not a top 5 . He should be fighting top 15’s but NOT top 5’s. The same 3 guys would have put his lights out at anytime in his career. He needs to fight guys like Hooker but the way things are going they will give him Dustin next and that just isn’t right.

Well, I guess we can disagree. I just do not think he needs to take any more damage. He is always an entertaining fighter to watch.

Not if he wants to keep fighting at 170. He's now had three fights, and he looked awful in two of them. Well, except for the first round and an half; He looked incredible there. But then he slows down and starts to deteriorate. SO, what would have happened if Cowboy survived into the later rounds? How is Conor's cardio at 170 now? Is it better, worse, the same? We don't know. So how can we say we learned how Conor would perform against the likes of Jorge,Colby, Leon, Tyron, Kamaru? We can't. You just don't like hearing it from Stephen A. But even Conor himself agreed with him. Stop hating.
Common man you gonna ruin my “Connie on steak at 170 “ schitck if you try to make any sense of that fight.

He is back.2.0...
He is the best 155er at 170.
And those shoulders should be registered as lethal weapons (just like his left).

Last edited:
Well, I guess we can disagree. I just do not think he needs to take any more damage. He is always an entertaining fighter to watch.
I don’t want him to take excess damage either. There are levels to this game and he isn’t and maybe never was a top 5. I love the guy but he needs to fight guys on his level.

It was a great performance by Conor. We learned that he can still perform at a high level

You saw high level performance in a 40 second fight..?
source.gif

what did we learn? that conor is a fckin beast at 170 and took out cowboy cerrone. cerrone may not be no usman, colby, or jorge... but he took cowboy out wayyy faster than i thought he would.... and i wasn't sure he would. And after that performance, I'd give him a better chance thanbefore against guys like tyron, jorge, etc. throw em in and see what happens.

We learned that Cerrone should retire.
I agree. He is a legend. He's got nothing to prove at this point. I know he enjoys it, but it really is better to go out on top with lots of respect and no terrible images of his getting destroyed.

SO, I'll say this to contrast my own point; Conor didn't lose a step, and if he goes back to 155, I think he beats everyone except Khabib.; yes, even Tony. My argument is we didn't learn anything about him fighting the best at 170.
Not sure if you realize that he has never fought a WW. Two LWs not cutting to hit 155 =/= two WWs. Sam Stout and KJ Noons had the UFC and commission change their scheduled LW bout to WW 24 hrs before the weigh ins. That doesn't make either of them a true WW, neither is McGregor or anyone he has ever fought.

We learned more about what a weak minded fighter Cerrone than anything. Imagine that everyone is basically talking about how you always fold in the big fights, then you go out and fold like a cheap lawn chair proving them exactly right.

I learned Conor can land a clean powerful head kick. I always thought he was just a puncher.

We learned that the saying "heavy bags don't hit back" is bullshit, because neither did Cerrone. In fact he should change his nickname to Donald "heavybag" Cerrone.

Ok, with that out of the way, we really didn't learn anything about any of Conor's weaknesses. Sure he's a good striker and can perform under pressure, we already knew that, but his weaknesses were always grappling and cardio, and we saw nothing in either of those departments.

We learned more about what a weak minded fighter Cerrone than anything. Imagine that everyone is basically talking about how you always fold in the big fights, then you go out and fold like a cheap lawn chair proving them exactly right.
It was fuckin terrible. I mean he wasnt even hyping the fight. He never was talkin about actually winning. It was the most frustrating thing ever.
You knew he was gonna get smoked. He was basically conors fuckin gf soon as they signed the fight.

This is the thing that bothers me.
Look at a guy like Darren Till,he gets beat real bad by Woodley,and then gets almost killed by Masvidal. He dont got the UFC sayin "oh lets get him in there w someone who will be friends w him so his confidence wont be shot,lets get him in there w someone he will look good against."
He knows that w making the move up to MW,he NEEDS to win,and he chooses one of the toughest guys he could ever fight in any weight class,fuckin GOATstelum.
He dont got anyone stickin up for him. He just gotta get throught it himself. All this babying of Conor is makin me sick. He needs to face a live one in his next fight.

SO, I'll say this to contrast my own point; Conor didn't lose a step, and if he goes back to 155, I think he beats everyone except Khabib.; yes, even Tony. My argument is we didn't learn anything about him fighting the best at 170.
i dont think you can deduce that he'd beat ferguson based on what he did to cerrone, if that's what you mean.

We learnt that Conor is extremely creative and can hurt you from multiple positions.

Breaking someone's nose AND orbital with your shoulder? Jesus.

We learned that Conor still has it and he is still a hell of a fighter. Like him or not, the guy is a tough son of a bitch.

Not if he wants to keep fighting at 170. He's now had three fights, and he looked awful in two of them. Well, except for the first round and an half; He looked incredible there. But then he slows down and starts to deteriorate. SO, what would have happened if Cowboy survived into the later rounds? How is Conor's cardio at 170 now? Is it better, worse, the same? We don't know. So how can we say we learned how Conor would perform against the likes of Jorge,Colby, Leon, Tyron, Kamaru? We can't. You just don't like hearing it from Stephen A. But even Conor himself agreed with him. Stop hating.
We learn one thing from that fight, if you want to win in life, training hard and focus, don't be like Cowboy, Conor stop little with drinking and he win little too

Back