Okay, let's be honest. We didn't learn anything from the Conor/Cowboy fight.

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not if he wants to keep fighting at 170. He's now had three fights, and he looked awful in two of them. Well, except for the first round and an half; He looked incredible there. But then he slows down and starts to deteriorate. SO, what would have happened if Cowboy survived into the later rounds? How is Conor's cardio at 170 now? Is it better, worse, the same? We don't know. So how can we say we learned how Conor would perform against the likes of Jorge,Colby, Leon, Tyron, Kamaru? We can't. You just don't like hearing it from Stephen A. But even Conor himself agreed with him. Stop hating.

We learned that Cerrone should retire.

We learned it gave trolls another excuse to make more threads.

but... but... Conor 2.0 and stuff...
SO, I'll say this to contrast my own point; Conor didn't lose a step, and if he goes back to 155, I think he beats everyone except Khabib.; yes, even Tony. My argument is we didn't learn anything about him fighting the best at 170.

We learned that the hair styling gel which Conor used can hold up all the way through a 40 second fight. For those of you who brawl at the bars, that one is for you.

Cowboy has had pretty much the same deficiencies his whole career and theres about 60 hours of fight footage to watch on him and learn his weaknesses. Conner exploiting those weaknesses isnt surprising. Cowboy was a perfect tune up fight for conner. Everyone needs to calm TF down with this title shot BS, hes 1-1 at 155. Hes gotta earn his spot in whatever weight class he decides to stick with. 170 has some monsters that will dwarf him and I doubt he does well vs the top 10, at 155 there are more intriguing matchups, but worth Kabib as champ I dont even think a rematch makes sense because there are others who have put the time in the division who deserve it more, imo.

It was a great performance by Conor. We learned that he can still perform at a high level

We learned more about where Cerrone is at then Conor tbh

We learned that the hair styling gel which Conor used can hold up all the way through a 40 second fight. For those of you who brawl at the bars, that one is for you.

I haven't seen anyone else talk about this... isn't it illegal to fight with product in your hair? Mir used to always complain about his afro because he couldn't use gel for fights.

"Conor can get away with whatever he wants!!!!11" I know, I know, but I'm seriously asking. Did they change the rules? Different commission?

Not if he wants to keep fighting at 170. He's now had three fights, and he looked awful in two of them. Well, except for the first round and an half; He looked incredible there. But then he slows down and starts to deteriorate. SO, what would have happened if Cowboy survived into the later rounds? How is Conor's cardio at 170 now? Is it better, worse, the same? We don't know. So how can we say we learned how Conor would perform against the likes of Jorge,Colby, Leon, Tyron, Kamaru? We can't. You just don't like hearing it from Stephen A. But even Conor himself agreed with him. Stop hating.

We definitely learned 2 things: 1) McGregor can still sell THE SHIT out of a PPV event, even if the pre-fight buzz didn't have the "energy" of his previous PPVs. 2) McGregor is still the biggest PPV draw in the UFC, which means he's the biggest draw in MMA. This means he still has the most leverage of any fighter to pick and choose who and when he fights.

All that being said, I doubt either Mcgregor or the UFC will schedule him against any of the fighters you mentioned above this year. Maybe Masvidal, but I still think that fight is doubtful as well. The UFC and ESPN will milk this cow for another year before they risk putting him against a really tough opponent.

we learned that conor can fight and demolish someone who was a top 15 welterweight, learned that conor is still in very good shape and precise as always, learned that he can use kicks to finish fights..

Back