Okamoto: Cody Garbrandt is Targeting a Feb/March Return

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

I say throw him on the Houston card (Bones vs Reyes) against Marlon Vera. That’s violence.

Nice!
I don't care what anyone says, he's still a fantastic and exciting fighter to me (and still only 28 years old).

I honestly somehow totally forgot about cody. I’m glad he’s planning a return. Hopefully he can get a W

I think Vera would murder Garbrandt. It's hard for me to believe he was actually a champion.

Cody needs a W, how about Wineland? He's won a couple in a row. Battle of the neck-tats

Nice!
I don't care what anyone says, he's still a fantastic and exciting fighter to me (and still only 28 years old).
I think the same, he is extremely talented but needs to stop fight too emotional and use more his head.

if Cody starts fighting with a little bit of IQ he can be champ again

I think the same, he is extremely talented but needs to stop fight too emotional and use more his head.
Absolutely.
Would be a shame if he doesn't get back on track, as he's as you've mentioned more than talented enough.

Mark Henry? Going to lose

Mark Henry’s camp has had multiple champions, as well as other top level fighters.

“Going to lose” because he’s going to a camp that has a history of producing champions, who are well rounded fighters?

Nice!
Agreed, a little more duck & weave & he's one of the best. He's a great brawler but it leaves it to chance & he's been on the wrong-side of a coin flip a few times in a row now

Agreed, a little more duck & weave & he's one of the best. He's a great brawler but it leaves it to chance & he's been on the wrong-side of a coin flip a few times in a row now
Yeah, he definitely has the head movement and evasiveness - just look at his fight against Cruz, that was insane! ..and while people have said they don't expect him to change that mistake, since he's too bullheaded i have to disagree. It's actually pretty much just him getting overly emotional, nothing else really, so i do expect him and his coaches to fix that.

He declined significantly since first TJ KO, only losses since then.
Looks like he didn't do any significant adjustments after that

Mark Henry’s camp has had multiple champions, as well as other top level fighters.

“Going to lose” because he’s going to a camp that has a history of producing champions, who are well rounded fighters?
Aside from Frankie and Alvarez, everyone else chokes. There's a reason why Felder and Barboza left

Last edited:
I think Vera would murder Garbrandt. It's hard for me to believe he was actually a champion.
I disagree, I think it would be an awesome fight. Cody is a better striker but Vera is more durable and has a better submission game.

Back