Okami's Cut Actually Makes Perfect Sense.

nope, terrible cut, really undeserving. if he lost twice in a row then maybe. but not winning 3 of his last 4 fights

I don't post much on this forum, people like this are usually the reason why great argument there kid.

People like you, are the reason I don't post here very much. Is it that hard to put together a proper sentence. Take a second, calm down, breathe, and re-read what you type. Not hard to make a readable statement, you should try it.

I just hate seeing the UFC brag about how they are the best of the best and then release a debatable top 5 fighter in the world who has won 3 of his last 4 fights.

I like Okami but if you're going to be a gatekeeper in the UFC you need to have a more entertaining style. Is anyone really surprised by this after Fitch? I mean that dude was near the top of the lb for lb list for years. Yes it's a sport but it's prize fighting first.

his cut makes sense because his only fight in recent memory that was fun to watch and worth paying for was against Jacar

He might not have been a draw, but he's been a top 10 MW for years and it's a silly cut.

You would expect the UFC to actively seek the top 10 guys for every division for legitimacy.

If the ufc wants everyone to see mma is a legitimate sport , you don't cut top 10 fighters just my opinion.

He was over rated, there is a reason Dana cut him. They don't cut people who make money. You will be able to watch Okami fight all you want in a different promotion. Maybe he will fight Ken Shamrock and we will see who the all time best is.

He's underrated, but overpaid.

No TS, it makes no sense.

By your logic we need to cut and blacklist every UFC fighter who lays n prays or point fights (and there'd be a lot of cuts with that).

Okami definitely contributes to my desire to watch a card. Not because I get excited to see him display his skills but because he's such a difficult test for whoever he's fighting. It was the same with Fitch.

I did buy the exceptionally weak Franklin-Okami PPV (UFC 72). Does that count for anything?

if that is the case TS they should cut over 80% of the roster for not generating revenue

The Ufc is not a legitimate sports organization. They should be compared with WWE not the NFL OR NBA. They can cut who they want....

...and the UFC's whole claim to fame is bringing together the best fighters in the world the to see who's the best. Their for-profit yeah, but the product that produce still needs to back up it's claims.

And this is just one of many reasons that the UFC is not respected by other athletes. You don't hear that a top basketball player will find himself unable to get into the NBA over pay.

That's silly, i have never purchased a card due to anyone but the top tier guys, that doesn't mean everyone else in the UFC should be cut, Okami was never the most interesting guy, but what he was, was a great measuring stick for fighters coming up or near the cusp of a title shot, + he beat a bunch of top guys, why fire him?, Dana's comment is just silly, if you're paying to much say that, but don't act as if you're cutting him for any reason other then that, Okami probably makes a great living, now he won't be able to make as good of a living, and IMO that's on Dana

Back