Okami a force at 170 & Nakai at 125

Jake Ellenberger, coming from 5 losses in 6 fights, has just beat a top ten ranked. Larkin is facing Magny and definitely has a chance. Cerrone and Story are fighting for a top ten spot

Ranked guys in UFC arent as untouchable as some people make them out to be. Maybe not top 5, but a good number of guys out of UFC may break the top ten.

You do realize Matt Brown is a fringe top 10 guy, and Ellenberger has 'lights out' unforgiving power?

That was Jake's 18th career KO. He is going to eventually KO someone if he fights enough people, and he finally found his huckleberry.

Okami is generally a grappler point fighter and he's losing to lower level grappling point fighters at this point.

The sport moved on my dude.

I love Okami and I'm glad to see him win two in a row. Hope he can keep it up. He just turned 35 so his best days may be behind him, though.

I just came in here to say Larkin would obliterate Okami.

Or he would get grapplefucked.
Larkin has just had a close fight with a LW gatekeeper in Masvidal, lost to Tumenov and Tavares, got dominated by Derek Brunson and KTFO by Costas...

Actually, Okami would likely do better against all those opponents.

Or he would get grapplefucked.
Larkin has just had a close fight with a LW gatekeeper in Masvidal, lost to Tumenov and Tavares, got dominated by Derek Brunson and KTFO by Costas...

Actually, Okami would likely do better against all those opponents.
Masidival is a way better more well rounded fighter then Okami. Tum nog fight was a coin flip and has no relevance to Okami. The other guys you mentioned all currently fight at 185. Okami was recently TKO'd by Dave Branch and beat people he should have beat since. Larkin is a monster at 170 mad Okami is an old lady one trick pony at the end of his career.

Could you imagine what Woodley would do to Okami? Might be the first death in the octagon.

They're only forces in the organizations where Wanderlei Silva is a "legend."

Okami is talented, he can still compete. But not at the top.

I see no way that Rin can be competitive above 115, and even then her skill will be limited against the better SWs. She is a pretty talented grappler though. I think that would be more apparent if she weren't giving up half a foot or more in height.

I don't want to hear anything about Rin until she actually starts looking like she can do something unrelated to baking in her underwear...or...whatever weird stuff it is she does on camera.

I don't want to hear anything about Rin until she actually starts looking like she can do something unrelated to baking in her underwear...or...whatever weird stuff it is she does on camera.
ZfLTK4r.gif

You don't want to see this again, bro?

The best 170 lb fighter in the world is Rousimar Palhares. I'd like to see him vs Okami.

I don't think okami can take very much damage anymore. I don't blame him either.

I think Okami is on the back side of his career, his WSOF fights at 170 weren't good.

Nakai would be better suited to 115. She looked better at 125 but still has some unnecessary bulk IMO. She used to look like a tiny Hulk.
He fought once at 170 on WSOF...

He fought once at WSOF at WW (Only against Fitch).

Masidival is a way better more well rounded fighter then Okami. Tum nog fight was a coin flip and has no relevance to Okami. The other guys you mentioned all currently fight at 185. Okami was recently TKO'd by Dave Branch and beat people he should have beat since. Larkin is a monster at 170 mad Okami is an old lady one trick pony at the end of his career.

You can find many 155lbs that are more well rounded fighters than Okami. That doesnt mean it will work for them against a huge WW in Okami. Masvidal would not be a favourite against him.

How many welterweights do you see moving up in weight class and beating Dave Branch at 185?? Larkin?? I dont think so.
Did you see Branch fighting lately??

Could you imagine what Woodley would do to Okami? Might be the first death in the octagon.

I can imagine Woodley getting outpointed in the feet, as Marquardt, McDonald or even Jake Shields did
Also, did you predicted Lombard and Marquartd to knock Okami out easily? That's what 90% of sherdog predicted

Last edited:
Okami is talented, he can still compete. But not at the top.

I see no way that Rin can be competitive above 115, and even then her skill will be limited against the better SWs. She is a pretty talented grappler though. I think that would be more apparent if she weren't giving up half a foot or more in height.

Okami is not champion material. Can compete with fringe top ten in ufc though.
His standup game at 170 hasnt really be tested, but has looked good so far, lighter in the feet and more commited with the left (rear) hand. Okami has picked apart many MWs in UFC btw. If he step up his stand up game again, grappling is world class as long as conditioning is there.

Rin with her frame and weak standup can't be a force fighting larger women. I agree she is a talented grappler. If can adjust to 115, J.Aguilar or Esparza aren't Miesha. She could be a force in the division

Im looking forward to it. She still has bulk on her to cut, look at those legs lol. A fairly skinny Nakai would be interesting to see.
I feel like a skinny Rin would ruin most of the fun, though. Plus she still can't strike.

I love Okami but come on, he's going to be a journeyman at 170 in the UFC.

Rin Nakai is still in the process to cut to 115, she is still at 125 but she will get there. Could she become the Japanese Claudia Gadelha? I think Miesha Tate would dominate Gadelha even worse than she did Nakai.
No, Rin said there's a very good chance she may stay fighting at 125 and that she's not sure if she wants to leave Pancrase again so there's a good chance she may stay at 125 and fighting in Pancrase.

Back